Dave_Murphy323
Post subject: The 13th Doll
Post Posted: Jul 29, 2015 6:21 am

Hey mutant league! :D

Long time no see all but I Just thought I'd share if anyone was interested.

There's a game on kickstarter right now called the 13th doll which is going to be a sequel to the 7th guest if anyone remembers that little gem :) the games been in development for a while now, I remember following the game when I was 16 (I'm 25 now) but not only have they received the backing from the guys at trilobyte they've even been endorsed for licensing the game commercially by them (which also means Rob Hirschboeck could potentially be cast :-D)

They've done a really good job with the game so far it's been a real labor of love for them and I for one am a proud backer so if anyone's interested or if there are any old 7th guest fans here in the league check it out :) cheers guys

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64 ... -7th-guest

http://www.t7g3.com

"The forces of darkness sleep, but do not die. even now, i sense evil stirring...an evil about to re-enter the life of our friend, Murphy."

silvermitt
Post subject: Re: The 13th Doll
Post Posted: Jul 29, 2015 9:11 am

Cool news! I always like the 7th guest, though I haven't played it in forever. Going to take a look at the kickstarter page you posted too.

Thanks for the info!

One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.

Dave_Murphy323
Post Posted: Jul 29, 2015 10:55 pm

No worries silvermitt :) I'm just happy to help spread the word, I haven't been this excited for a kickstarter since fedora(ok...I'm not quite as excited as that but excited nonetheless)

I've been a fan of the 7th guest since I snuck onto my dads computer and played it when I was little, the stauf mansion has always held a deliciously evil place in my heart and I'm keen to see more of it!

I really hope attic door succeeds!

"The forces of darkness sleep, but do not die. even now, i sense evil stirring...an evil about to re-enter the life of our friend, Murphy."

ctlw83
Post Posted: Aug 10, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm part of the Attic Door Productions team, mostly PR/Web Site stuff but, I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Many of the Attic Door Production team members are also long-time Murphy fans, including myself. While of a different mood and tone, the Tex Murphy series was beloved by nearly all Adventure Game enthusiasts and really helped to keep the hope alive in the FMV adventure genre.

We are hoping that we can do the same for the T7G franchise.

silvermitt
Post Posted: Aug 11, 2015 8:23 am

I don't have anything coming to mind to ask. It just sounded like a game I'd be interested in playing. Especially if it's anything like the 7th Guest. I've never been one to watch horrror movies, or play FPS games or games that are truly frightening. I play to pass some time enjoying a puzzle or two along with entertaining graphics. The 7th Guest was intriguing and a bit out of my scope of normal game play. I'm hoping this next endeavor is similar.

My kids, however, will have to stick with Nancy Drew and editted Tex Murphy (no decapitation scenes for my kids). We're back into Pandora Directive, and I'll have to be careful of Mr. Cross ;)

ctlw83
Post Posted: Aug 11, 2015 9:12 am

I wouldn't put T7G or T11H at the level of a true horror game or movie. I think the game can be better described as maccabre than horrifying. They are more like a campy B-film with one liners and such.

However, I'd like to think that our game is going to up the drama a bit. While I can't say much about the behind-the-scenes of the plot, I can say that the story is compelling for both player paths.

Of course we'll also keep some of the campy nature of things, especially when it comes to insulting the player on failed puzzle attempts. That was a good chunk of fun in the originals, being insulted for your failures.

In term of the kids, yeah, they might want to hold back for a few years. It isn't that we have extremely disturbing content but, the "theme" of the game is darker overall.

plumgas
Post Posted: Aug 12, 2015 6:11 am

We have the 13th doll project on the tesla effect face book page so all our backers can see the project. Looks like its now funded if that $5,000 backer from last night is legit and not a spammer.

hope you guys do well, at least you have got it together on your kickstarter presentation.
I am backing it even though I couldn't stand the 7th guest. I am only backing it because you guys deserve my money.

Lynne
tex murphy is back in town

ctlw83
Post Posted: Aug 12, 2015 8:00 am

plumgas wrote:
We have the 13th doll project on the tesla effect face book page so all our backers can see the project. Looks like its now funded if that $5,000 backer from last night is legit and not a spammer.

hope you guys do well, at least you have got it together on your kickstarter presentation.
I am backing it even though I couldn't stand the 7th guest. I am only backing it because you guys deserve my money.

That is incredibly generous of you! Thank you so much for promoting the game and for supporting us! This really shows how much we are all part of one big family when it comes to gaming, especially adventure games!

I did look for the post on both the BigFinish and TeslaEffect Facebook pages and didn't see it but, I could just be missing something. Could you send me a link?

plumgas
Post Posted: Aug 12, 2015 9:21 pm

its the backers group which I think you have join to view the contents,
but I can paste up the comments from the poster,

I posted this to my own page, but I thought people here would appreciate this, too.
About a year and change ago, I did a video criticizing the 7th Guest 3 Kickstarter - it was poorly put-together, shot and edited badly, and was big on promise, short on substance. Their Kickstarter, not my video. Ahem. Humorously, Rob Landeros himself shot back at me for it, claiming I didn't know what I was talking about.
Now a group of fans have been given the go-ahead to make and sell their own 7th Guest game, and these guys are doing it RIGHT. They've got a LOT put together, they put themselves in front of the camera explaining their passion and their plan. I have a LOT more faith in this than I did the official sequel, and I'd REALLY like to prove Rob Landeros wrong. So if you're a fan of great puzzle games, adventure games, or even FMV games, take four minutes of your time and give this a look. I'm fairly positive you won't regret it.

Lynne
tex murphy is back in town

ctlw83
Post Posted: Aug 13, 2015 7:29 am

OH OK! Either way, thank you very much! We've gotten a lot of great feedback from the fans and just like Tex Murphy, it is the fans who have demanded this game happen.

This whole thing was started by fans and for fans so, that is why I think we have a unique position in terms of putting everything together. WE want to re-visit the Stauf mansion as badly as the people we are making the game for! Just as those who backed Project Fedora/Tesla Effect wanted to see Tex as badly as those who were producing the game.

silvermitt
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2015 5:41 pm

I backed it today. Sure it isn't alot, but I'm sure it'll come in handy. I wished Daddy Warbucks could go by a drop a cool 5K on it. I'd love to see them hit the 60K level, designated as "No Debt for the Developers" level. At 65K, they'd be able to make an oculus rift version.

Well, good luck guys. I hope this is everything you wanted and more.

ctlw83
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2015 6:35 am

Thanks for the support and for the posts on your official Steam page etc!

We are in the final hours and it has been an extremely amazing journey. Although, I will say that I look forward to "sleeping in" until 6am on weekdays going forward!

In regards to the Oculus version, Ryan, our lead Dev. really wants to see the game on Oculus. So, even if we don't meet the "funding goal" for it, we may still have an Oculus version. That hasn't been decided though.

Alexander
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2015 11:05 am

I am a backer.

Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).

silvermitt
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2015 5:06 pm

You're welcome ctlw83.

I'm glad to see it went over 60k too! I'll spike my coffee with Irish whiskey for a toast in The 13th Doll's honor tonight as I make kid sized holsters for my son. He wants to be Jango Fett for an upcoming local Tri-Con in September. So I'm making bada**ed holsters for him.

The 13th Doll: Here, Here!!

Alexander
Post Posted: Aug 29, 2015 4:12 am

Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen! Project was funded successfully! :D

Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).

Search for: