adninsreaction
Post subject: Re: The interview!
Post Posted: Aug 26, 2008 7:22 pm

I got the interview downloaded and plan on listening to it very soon when I get some free time. Can anyone tell me any juicy details that may have come out that I should know about?

"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Bafitis
Post Posted: Aug 26, 2008 7:39 pm

I can tell you that CJ and AC themselves will be going around the Country and selling the game out of the trunk of their cars in MacDonald Parking Lots at some time after Midnight... :mrgreen:

And I was told that Directly from CJ...

:lol:

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

lotus_j
Post Posted: Aug 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Yeah, we should have gone 2 hours. Live and learn!

We're talking about going to 2 hour shows now. We've got some really cool guests lining up in the gaming industry, film industry, and music industry. There were clips we didn't get to play and questions we didn't get to ask, plus it appears some listeners like Gary didn't get their call answered.

lotus_j
Post Posted: Aug 26, 2008 10:16 pm

You can also now get the interview from our site:

http://www.alternativegamereviews.com

Scroll down a bit and it's there now.

Trilaan
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2008 1:00 am

What did they say was Chelsee's placeholder mutant trait? I was listening but I couldn't hear that part.

"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult

Bafitis
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2008 1:22 am

Trilaan wrote:
What did they say was Chelsee's placeholder mutant trait? I was listening but I couldn't hear that part.

They said that Chelsea's Mutant Ability will Blow Tex Away... That's all they would say...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Trilaan
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2008 2:27 am

Ah! Super breath then. Cool. :D

"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult

joliet_jane
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2008 7:53 am

Bafitis wrote:
Trilaan wrote:

They said that Chelsea's Mutant Ability will Blow Tex Away... That's all they would say...
I thought they said she could overwhelm him. Either way, I'm intrigued.

Jack Vanian
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Very cool interview! I especially like the idea of CJ and AC doing some "payback" , taking over Microsoft one day. :mrgreen:

Couldn´t listen to it live, since it was 5 o clock in the morning here, but however a really cool event and very interesting!
Never heard of that interesting Spielberg / A.I. story before.

Bafitis
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2008 6:01 pm

joliet_jane wrote:
Bafitis wrote:
Trilaan wrote:

I thought they said she could overwhelm him. Either way, I'm intrigued.

I think they said it both ways, but I'm fairly certain they said it would Blow Tex Away first, but there was laughter and stuff from the hosts and CJ saying that it was the most popular question asked... But AC said it would Blow Tex Away and after the commotion died down they said something about Her being able to Overwhelm him...

Matthew Buckstein
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:09 am

Thanks. Some interesting tidbits and stories in there.

On a slightly related note, I updated my website for the first time in 5 years to hopefully get some more people aware of the game. I was shocked when the stats in my Geocities account said I still got daily visitors.

I'm sure there are more than a few people here who have no idea who I am, but my website is http://www.geocities.com/louielamintz.

jcarnby
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:13 am

Bafitis wrote:
Trilaan wrote:

Ah! So then the mutant ability has to do with love. Since Tex says in UAKM that guns don't kill detectives, love does...

I finally listened to the interview last night, since I couldn't make it during the live show. The interview was awesome. It was so cool to hear CJ and AC's voices again. The sound clips from the previous games truly were sweetly nostalgic. I'm really excited for this project, and feel great that I can be involved with the dedicated Tex community in celebrating the "Access Boys" work.

Frank
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:27 pm

Quote:
I'm really excited for this project

You know, I think I'm just starting to realise now how exciting it is to see something else from the good old Access team. Of course we're all here to keep the fire alive in the Tex universe, but it's really exciting and intriguing to find out about an entire different story and universe that spawned from the same great minds.

The radio episodes alone opened up a whole new door to the Tex story, something completely unprecedented, so imagine what else they have in store with something else entirely and the latitude to explore it fully.

Part-Time Nomad

lotus_j
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Just an update the Show became one of the 16 most listened to shows in the entertainment category of all time on BTR. We're the only show that wasn't featured by them on the list. Most of the top shows are from August (and coincides with BTR getting a new VP of marketing, he must be doing his job). The popularity of the show and the mass number of downloads (actual show downloads from the BTR interview page) is just really cool.

I hope it all relates to sales for the guys.

Search for: