Jack Vanian
Post subject: Three Cards To Midnight on spot #3 of ag´s Hype O Meter
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Hey, check this out. Three Cards To Midnight is the number 3 on Adventure Gamer´s Hype O Meter!!! :D

http://www.adventuregamers.com/blogitem.php?id=43

Originally Gray Matter was on number one, but due to what happened at the Games Convention it´s only on nr.5 now, while A Vampyre Story is the new nr.1.

But anyway, the word keeps spreading as it seems.

lotus_j
Post subject: Re: Three Cards To Midnight on spot #3 of ag´s Hype O Meter
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2008 8:12 pm

VonGlower wrote:
Hey, check this out. Three Cards To Midnight is the number 3 on Adventure Gamer´s Hype O Meter!!! :D

http://www.adventuregamers.com/blogitem.php?id=43

Originally Gray Matter was on number one, but due to what happened at the Games Convention it´s only on nr.5 now, while A Vampyre Story is the new nr.1.

But anyway, the word keeps spreading as it seems.

Bafitis
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Lotus, I'm not trying to get into an Argument, but I have to ask, what was the Point of Quoting Von's Post without saying anything else??? Just looked a little strange seeing his post and then Quoted without a comment...

Wonderful news about 3 Cards, but since everyone or just about everyone on this board is going to buy it, I want to ask about this Heavy Rain game in the number 2 slot... First I've heard of it, is it suppose to be any good??? Sounds good from the little paragraph they gave it...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

lotus_j
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2008 9:01 pm

hmmm... dunno. I had said something. It was basically before they did the relist, the game was listed at number 5, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it move to number one after the real trailer or demo come out.

Bafitis
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2008 9:43 pm

As much as I like CJ and AC, I don't know if 3 Cards can push Vampyre Story out of Number 1... It would be nice if the game turns out to be that good, but I think Vampyre is going to be an Awesome game...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

lotus_j
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2008 9:53 pm

Bafitis wrote:
As much as I like CJ and AC, I don't know if 3 Cards can push Vampyre Story out of Number 1... It would be nice if the game turns out to be that good, but I think Vampyre is going to be an Awesome game...

Well Vampyre is ok, I've seen quite a bit of it. The truth is the game was designed by an artist from LucasArts without much of a reputation and the game has an amazing look to it.

Three Cards on the otherhand is designed by a known designer who is known for writing good stories.

Vampyre gets hype because it's the closest thing to a LucasArts adventure game in 7 years. I'm not convinced the story will be as good as its art.

Paulino
Post Posted: Sep 01, 2008 1:09 pm

I am not sure if I belive this "hype meter", this is too optimistic. In my country, there are no information on gaming sites about three cards.
There is too less advertisement and I am not sure with success of this game.
In the other hand, I will be the first Czech owner of the game and I hope that not the last.
I will doo maximum to initiate HYPE :)

lotus_j
Post Posted: Sep 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Paulino wrote:
I am not sure if I belive this "hype meter", this is too optimistic. In my country, there are no information on gaming sites about three cards.
There is too less advertisement and I am not sure with success of this game.
In the other hand, I will be the first Czech owner of the game and I hope that not the last.
I will doo maximum to initiate HYPE :)

Well the hype meter is based off opinion of the site and hits certain pages on the site get. So the interest is real. For those places that have mentioned the game interest has been sparked.

I'm sure your country and it's game sites will be discussing it when a trailer (not teaser) and demo become available. The hype will grow from some places from nothing, and from others from something.

The Blog Talk Radio interview is now the 11th most listened to "Entertainment," episode ever. That means that 13,000 shows on different subject matters did worse. The downloads and listeners keep rising on the show. It may break the top 10 today or tomorrow.

lotus_j
Post Posted: Sep 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Just Adventure, the other popular Adventure game site has 3 Cards to Midnight listed 3rd on their list too. They however base it all on hits. Vampyre Story is 4th. Gray Matter remains number one.

Bjyman
Post Posted: Sep 01, 2008 11:30 pm

I was going to post this. Way to go at being #3 on justadventure.com

Chris Marsland
Post Posted: Jan 04, 2009 10:39 pm

Unfornately it looks like Adventure Gamers has removed Three Cards to Midnight from their hypo-meter... might have something to do with them not being too impressed with it, when they gave a little hands on review with the demo they recieved.

-- Chris M

Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp

Search for: