Electron Stu
Post subject: I Don't Think it's Fair . . .
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2008 2:34 am

. . . that this section is on the Tex Murphy site, granted it's the same people and whatnot. The game has a forum unto itself and we should really have this topic and these discussions over there. Let's give the game its own credit and keep as much inevitable Tex discussions here where they belong and Three Cards to Midnight discussions at its own home. I mean yeah I am sure we will talk about it here a bit regardless but there's a perfectly good forum sitting there just waiting for this type of discussion. I dunno maybe I am alone in this thinking? I mean James took the time to build another home over there, why split it up into 2 entire sites and thin out the fan discussions? Granted it's not released yet but the clock is ticking and it's only a matter of time before others find that game without people knowing who the hell Tex Murphy is. Let's give them a chance to find a home too. Maybe I am just talking crazy at 4am but I had to say my piece.

Fred Buer
Post subject: Re: I Don't Think it's Fair . . .
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2008 7:46 am

Hear hear!

-Fred

Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!

lotus_j
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Well for one, this area allows TM fans who check in to find out about the upcoming game.

Both boards can survive just fine on their own. When more data is released I assume the board over there will pick up.

Paulino
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2008 12:47 pm

Dear Electron,
people on this site are waiting 10 years for new Tex game and anything, that is smelling like Tex (any adventure from CJ) is like put oil into the fire.
Let us dream here for 3CFM, because all fan of CJ & AC are located here. I think, if this site did not exist (and community too) there will be no 3CFM.
If you have anyproblem wih topic about 3CFM here, stay on official site, but you will left opinion of core CJ & AC fans.
It is up to you.

Electron Stu
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2008 6:51 pm

I'm not saying get rid of the site or the section on here, I am just saying we should give the other site a chance too. It's just easier to post things here where we all come to visit and it might get missed by others who are only interested in the other game. I think we should just give the other game a chance on its own merrit and not really just give it buzz because it is made by the guys who made Tex.

I think the game has a chance as a stand alone game. It actually looks pretty good. I want Tex as much as the next fan but this isn't Tex. It is however the game that will most likely give the Tex series a fighting chance. All I am proposing is we keep the buzz over at its home to generate more activity over there rather than here. I mean I am sure all of us are buying the game because we're fans but lets try to get the ones that aren't Tex fans. Lets get people hyped about Three Cards to Midnight!

Bafitis
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2008 7:04 pm

True enough, now that there is a 3 Cards site up and running with a functioning Forum...

lotus_j wrote:
Well for one, this area allows TM fans who check in to find out about the upcoming game.

True enough as well, but there could just as easily be a simple "Sticky" Thread with a Link that will take you to 3 Cards... Only needs to have one post in it stating that Aaron and Chris have created a New Game on their Hopeful Path to a New Tex Adventure, Click below to check it out and support our P.I. Hero...

A true Tex fan will click on that click before they've even finished reading... I see exactly what Stu is saying... No negativity involved, just observation... Well spoken Stu...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

Electron Stu
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Actually I have been thinking about Bioshock and how everyone was comparing that to it's System Shock roots. All kinds of stink was raised about it and It did alright on its own merit, maybe just any news is good news for an upcoming game. Hell I think I liked Bioshock more than System Shock. Regardless the more talk the more noise is generated and the more people find the game. I think I was just worried that if back in the day anyone didn't like Tex (if that could be possible) they might be turned away from the new game because of its association. Now I am starting to think that Tex himself is being forgotten and maybe just ANY stink for either game will be good for both.

Bjyman
Post Posted: Feb 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Well looks like you got met halfway. As 3 Cards to Dead Time didn't get it's own board here. I'm sure any future Big Finish projects that aren't Tex wont get a board here.

Search for: