Joel
Post subject: Nintendo DS: a profitable platform?
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2009 6:21 am

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but the presence of adventure games on the Nintendo DS platform continues to grow as this month marks the release of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars [Directors Cut]. There are a lot of other adventure games due out for this platform too which have a lot of promise. I've been thinking, on the one hand, while 3 Cards is asthetically pleasing, it's obviously not as graphic intensive as a lot of FPS style games on the PC. Could 3 cards also find a home on DS?

I certainly can't imagine it being out of place on the DS and I think the sales figures would be satisfactory for the team. Any telling if there's enough room on the cartidges for it? Or at least, a scaled down version of the game?

Bafitis
Post subject: Re: Nintendo DS: a profitable platform?
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2009 3:18 pm

I think there was brief talking in another thread and at the same time it briefly mentioned that it would do well on the Mobile market as well...

BUT, we need a finished game before sales begin of any kind...

Hey James, you think you could get us an update??? We are half way through March and were told the game would be done in February... I have no problem with delays, but would at least like an update...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

Demonlawyer
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2009 4:52 am

The new DS will be interesting to see - motion capture cameras that can sense stuff. Before you know it we'll have skype on the DS - so you could skype anywhere - now that would be cool.

As for games, they do have some truly great games, but I've seen a lot of people on trains to work etc with fake DS cartidges, so the games makers aren't getting any profits.

Having said that though, a friend bought me a game before christmas that I'd asked for, the moment I turned it on I knew I didn't want it, and it wasn't what I expected, but I couldn't take it back because I'd opened it, so I'd wasted $55. I do wish they'd let us try games so we could decide whether or not they were worth it before we play games. It only means that you buy the games you really really want and don't try the games that you think you want.

But the DS would be a great platform - the vid cam scenes would look so cool - video on the top screen and the realistic keypad on the bottom. It could almost feel real.

David

Joel
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2009 2:04 am

Demonlawyer wrote:

As for games, they do have some truly great games, but I've seen a lot of people on trains to work etc with fake DS cartidges, so the games makers aren't getting any profits...

I do wish they'd let us try games so we could decide whether or not they were worth it before we play games. It only means that you buy the games you really really want and don't try the games that you think you want.

Well, the new DSi gives access to the newly launched DS store that allows users to download games and applications for their DS units. I think there's a chance they might upload some demos of upcoming games. I agree with you there, Nintendo seem to very much take an "all or nothing" approach to the marketing of their games where you seem to have to buy them or just remain wondering.

Off topic: got the new GTA and Broken Sword for DS, they rock!!!

Demonlawyer
Post Posted: Apr 14, 2009 11:06 am

They both look good actually, as for the DSi store, maybe anyone in the states can help - the DSi here has about 5 games you can download, Warioware or something, and a couple of tetris type programs, but that's it. There's talk of a Moving Memo Pad, which lets you animate drawings. That sounds really cool, but you can't get that here at any rate.

Are there many downloads in the states on the DSi download store?

David

Bafitis
Post Posted: Apr 14, 2009 6:56 pm

It just came out, I'm sure there will be more available for download... They probably want to wait and see how popular it's going to be first... Because the Wireless ability is the only difference between that and the DS Lite...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

Bjyman
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2011 11:43 pm

I really can't understand the console craze for adventure gaming. Normally when people play video games they want action.

Search for: