plumgas
Post subject: a very upset fan - 3CTM
Post Posted: Mar 27, 2009 7:08 pm

found this comment on 3CTM forum

How long do we have to wait?! the last time you guy's gave us an update was back in November!! Forget this game!! if you don't have the courtesy to keep us informed, then i dont have the money to waist on your product. What happend to you?!!!!

Lynne
tex murphy is back in town

Bafitis
Post subject: Re: a very upset fan - 3CTM
Post Posted: Mar 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Apparently they don't know the Gaming Industry very well... Imagine if they were a Grey Matter fan, think of how upset they'd be then...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

plumgas
Post Posted: Mar 27, 2009 9:21 pm

suicidal I imagine

Lynne

joliet_jane
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Relax dude, relax... It'll get here someday.

Maybe.

Bafitis
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2009 5:27 pm

joliet_jane wrote:

Maybe.

???

You're having doubts as well???

I have no doubt it will get done... Most of it is already done, they are tweaking it so that there are higher reviews and less bugs...
People have to remember they are doing this in their spare-time... They are still working their regular jobs to pay the bills...

In my opinion they should stop with Announcements of Release Dates... If you want to release the information that you are in the process of working on a new game, that's fine... But don't give Release Dates when you know there are the possibilities of setbacks...
Wait until the game is finished, then give a release date for a month or two away so you build your anticipation and word of mouth... That way when your date comes around, people don't need to be disappointed like our friend over on the other Forum...

I've pretty much have just pushed it out of my mind... I know it's coming, but I'm a member of a community that when it is released there is no way I'm not going to hear about it... It will get here when it gets here...
Do I want to play it??? Absolutely...
Am I Excited??? Ecstatic...

But I have Patience...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

joliet_jane
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Bafitis wrote:
joliet_jane wrote:

Maybe.

???

You're having doubts as well???
No, no. I'm just saying that Aaron and Chris can take their time, really. I can wait forever. :)

Bafitis
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Okay... The Maybe had me wondering... :D

Joel
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2009 8:48 pm

plumgas wrote:
found this comment on 3CTM forum

How long do we have to wait?! the last time you guy's gave us an update was back in November!! Forget this game!! if you don't have the courtesy to keep us informed, then i dont have the money to waist on your product. What happend to you?!!!!

Aaron has actually explained this very recently. It is true that they were ready to launch early this year, but they had tested the game only to find that there were some elements that they felt needed improvement. You can't blame them for wanting to get it to the best quality they can. Given that it's an Adventure game they are making and they hope to bring back Tex if this is successful, I don't mind them taking their time as this may be their last opportunity to get Tex on his feet.

Bafitis
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2009 10:44 pm

I have ALWAYS preferred Quality over Quantity... I would much rather have a game that was super good in story and gameplay that lasted 4 hours over a game that didn't give attention to story and gameplay that lasted days...
But like I've said before, when you can get Both like in the Tex Adventures, then you truly have a Great game...

plumgas
Post Posted: Mar 30, 2009 5:34 am

I think the problem was aaron posted an update here but not on 3CTM forum which at the time I found a bit strange. They also should have updated the game forum.

Or at least james should of posted something. After all it's not a tex game so some of the members may not look on this forum.

Lynne

Bafitis
Post Posted: Mar 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Well with all respect the other site is new, after all James just finished it back just before the holidays... So coming here is probably more Habit and with the limited time I'm sure Aaron has on his hands he just comes here as apposed to thinking about the new site...

Radhil
Post Posted: Mar 30, 2009 6:52 pm

I'm a fan (though not quite as upset as the one above), and quite honestly, before I came here on a whim I was under the impression the project was abandoned. I tried to register for the forum on the BigFinishGames site, chime in for the cries and pleas for an update I guess. Only the forum told me my registration had to be approved first. Some time goes by, nothing ever happened, so I'm thinking there's no one running the show there anymore.

No offense to the Access Vets, as I'd rather see them put a game out anytime rather than never, so I'm glad they're still working on it. They may want to put just a *smidge* of effort into maintaining the public face they've set up though.

At least I can remember to come here now. :)

plumgas
Post Posted: Mar 31, 2009 4:25 am

Yes the site is abit slow I had to email james myself about accepting my registration back in nov 08, I posted here & was told to send James a PM & he fixed it up straight away

I think james does it in his spare time

Lynne

James LeMosy
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mar 31, 2009 8:03 am

Yes, the whole 3CM project is a "spare time" endeavor. Admittedly, the website has become neglected as of late, but I'll look into why the signup process seems to be failing. It's supposed to be a self-activation process, but it's evidently not working out that way.

I will also try to keep a closer eye on this site and make sure that any updates from Aaron and Chris get copied over to the 3CM site as well.

plumgas
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2009 12:47 am

that should settle them down abit, however a few people has told them to settle down abit & one of the guys stated him over reacted a bit.

Lynne

Search for: