GarySogar
Post subject: Is four stars worth replaying the chapter?
Post Posted: May 09, 2009 1:31 pm

I've only played chapter 1 so far (I'm a slowpoke, I suppose). I've got 3 out of 4 stars on each card. Is it worth replaying the chapter to get 4 stars?

And does this type of decision happen at the end of every chapter?

Never too late for coffee, never too early for beer.

Frank
Post subject: Re: Is four stars worth replaying the chapter?
Post Posted: May 09, 2009 1:34 pm

So far it seems to be happening after each chapter, but I'm not sure how big the impact is when the time will come to pick your cards at the end. I was being a little anal about replaying each chapters for the 4 stars, but now I'm not sure I really want a squeaky 4 stars on all of them! Somehow I suspect an impact later on.

Part-Time Nomad

AndreaDraco83
Post Posted: May 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Yes, at the end of every chapter you have the chance to see your Card Rating and replay the cards if you aren't satisfied with the correspondent rating. 3 Stars, though, are an excellent result and I wouldn't bother replaying the card just to get a 4 stars score, unless, of course, you have found some memories particularly engaging (I for sure replayed a couple of Tarots over and over because I loved the flashbacks and want an absolutely perfect 4 :))

Anyway, at the end of the game the Card Rating will be important, but - as I said - 3 Stars are an excellent rating and, what's even more important, the Tarots themselves will be more relevant than the associated score.

Demonlawyer
Post Posted: May 12, 2009 1:48 am

Can you get your star rating up? I got one chapter with lots of 1 star cards and tried to re-do one of them. It didn't increase my star rating so I guess I'm stuck with 1 star on that chapter. Also, I can't remember how the stars are scored - is there a recap in the game anywhere to find out?

I can understand if you can't re-do them - the second time round you'd know where everything was, though some of the clues are tough.

David

Joel
Post Posted: May 12, 2009 4:13 am

Three stars is an excellent rating. I wouldn't concern yourself with replaying the chapters until you replay the whole game. If you haven't played the game all the way through, you'll understand why. Basically, the climax of the game comes down to the "type" of card more than what strength it runs at. I know that sounds really vague, but I don't want to elaborate otherwise it will spoil the game. But don't stress over three stars.

dcat151
Post Posted: May 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Demonlawyer wrote:
Can you get your star rating up? I got one chapter with lots of 1 star cards and tried to re-do one of them. It didn't increase my star rating so I guess I'm stuck with 1 star on that chapter. Also, I can't remember how the stars are scored - is there a recap in the game anywhere to find out?

I can understand if you can't re-do them - the second time round you'd know where everything was, though some of the clues are tough.

I don't know if there's a list of requrements for each star category, but I know in the "How to Play" section it mentions that to get four stars you must find all the words without using any hints and with 3 or fewer misses and solve all the puzzles.

Search for: