Ian
Post subject: Spreading the word....
Post Posted: May 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Well I've created a thread on the Digital Spy forums (quite popular entertainment/media site in the UK), which is designed to look like a neutral question rather than an ad(!) - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... ?t=1029960

It is our duty to spread the word so that the revenue comes in to fund new Tex... our mission!

plumgas
Post subject: Re: Spreading the word....
Post Posted: May 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Yes I think so to, I registered at the game boomers site to post a few comments as a lot of people are trashing the game which has swayed some people against buying the game.
They seem to be based on what they have seen on the demo. I think we need to have a look at the demo to see why it's giving people the wrong idea.

Lynne
tex murphy is back in town

Chris Marsland
Post Posted: May 10, 2009 8:08 pm

The demo is just the same as the whole game... I downloaded the demo to begin with as i couldnt get paypal to work to get the whole game from the bigfinishgames site so i got it to hold me over. Its the ENTIRE game... but it has a gameplay limit of 60 minutes, so once u have played for 60 minutes it exits the game, and if u reopen it, it says u must buy the full games to continue, and has a link to buy it from real arcade, which I ended up doing.

So there is NOTHING wrong with the demo to make people think differentely...

Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp

plumgas
Post Posted: May 10, 2009 8:22 pm

so they see chapter one & depending how fast they are to how much they see. Well when I think back I don't think I would of seen much in the first 60 minutes.

Don't why they are getting such a low opinion of the game.

Lynne
tex murphy is back in town

Chris Marsland
Post Posted: May 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Maybe it's just not their thing unfornately. Gameboomers is an adventure site, well atleast it used to be from what I can remember. As we know, 3CTM is classified as a casual game. Sure you'd think alot of people at GB.com would love the game cause of the fact its made by Aaron and Chris, but there's always going to be people who aren't a fan of the game cause its not a classic adventure game.

Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp

Demonlawyer
Post Posted: May 12, 2009 1:45 am

I don't know much about this site - where do we need to go and what do we need to do to give it a boost?

David

Bafitis
Post Posted: May 12, 2009 3:11 am

I know a few people at my local GameStop, I'm going to ask if I can print up a Flyer that they'll put in every bag whenever someone buys something... I've seen them do it before, I'm not expecting them to say no... The manager knows when the regional manager will be around, so she can make sure that the flyers aren't there when he visits...

Then there are 7-11 stores and other places where they don't care if you post flyers in their windows... A lot of our 7-11 stores are privately owned, so as long as you ask and it isn't someone obscene they don't care...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

Frogacuda
Post Posted: May 13, 2009 3:00 pm

You guys should bother some of the independent game news sits like indiegamer blog and tigsource. Those sites are usually responsive to these kinds of projects and a lot of people read those sites.

Search for: