Miles "Tails"
Post subject: Looking for UAKM/PD/OVRSR CD images
Post Posted: Apr 22, 2006 8:50 am

If anyone has the ability, I am taking up a project to preserve all of the Tex Murphy games in an archive. It seems day by day all of the 2nd generation Tex Murphy games are becoming rare. I want to bring the Tex fandom back from the brink and to do that I'll need help from you guys, the hardcore Tex fans. Anyone who knows how to create ISOs is more preferable. I need all of the discs from UAKM, The Pandora Directive and Overseer put in seperate ISO CD-image files for each disc and placed somewhere where I can download them. Then I'll write the ISOs to the CDs and hopefully have enough CDs made to resupply those poor guys looking for games that are long gone.

i'm_melting_i'm_melting
Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2006 10:36 am

Hmm. Not sure that would be strictly legal. You'd be better off asking Aaron Conners or Adrian Carr or anyone who has a legal angle on the Tex assets for the official word. I know that other games like Lure of the Temptress, Red Baron and even the original 2D Grand Theft Auto have been released as freeware by their respective developers, but whether the Tex developers/publishers do the same remains to be seen.

Incidentally, what do you mean by 'they're becoming rare'? Lots of 'em on ebay most of the time.

Search for: