Jen
Post subject: Fan Fiction comments?????
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 9:49 pm

:lol:

post em here.

Looking forward to going back to reread the rest of yours Vracar. This last chapter was awesome.

Jim, hope you'll post your Overseer Novelization. Cause it ROCKED!!!

Jen

Jim the old guy
Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 15, 2006 2:04 pm

I just might do that, Jen. Gotta make a couple of changes first.

"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"

Jerry Dan
Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2007 8:16 pm

I get a hug! I noticed Jen's new addition!!

~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)

Jen
Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2007 8:21 pm

Jerry Dan wrote:
I get a hug! I noticed Jen's new addition!!

(((((((Jerry Dan)))))))

You get a buncha hugs!!!
Thanks! I hope you liked it. I've got to dig out my notes. I'm ready to finish this bad boy. :D

Atomicvegetable
Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 07, 2007 2:18 am

Just read all of Jen's new story so far.

I am riveted. Can't wait to see what happens next :)

I gots a webcomic! http://yetanothercomic.com

Jerry Dan
Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2007 7:54 am

I got behind, but I'm trying to catch up. Great stuff, Jen!

Jerry Dan
Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2007 10:40 am

Heh...I just caught it. Imagine my surprise :D

Good one, Jen ;)

Jen
Post subject: THANK YOU JERRY DAN!!!!!!!!
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2007 12:39 pm

I've put several little "winks" and homages in the story, and you're the 1st one to mention it.

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!

Actually, based on the amount of tumbleweeds going by here, looks like you and atomic are the only ones who are following along, enjoying the fruits of my labors. :roll:

Not that I'm an attention whore or anything like that............ :shock: :o :P :wink:
Cheers!!
Jen

.....and with that, I pass our beloved Russian. I NEVER thought that would happen. Ironic eh? Alex, we hardly knew ya!

Jerry Dan
Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2007 3:14 pm

Speaking of, was your inclusion of "Alex" a wink at Mr. Bark? Or just a good Russian name?

All caught up now. Even if we're the only ones reading it as it's being written, I trust many more will read it later. Maybe they're waiting until it's altogether done.

Great idea to put in the Easter eggs! (and I don't mean the Faberge type!)

ESHbyESH
Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:50 pm

I have begun reading Jen's fic and will make my full review when I reach the end. But I had to comment on what I read so far... **SPOILERS***

Jen, the grammar and sentence structure at the beginning had me a bit, as Louie would say, "Noivous." There are a few run-on sentences and awkward phrases which made it a bit tough to read. I did enjoy the Tex-language bits tho ("look out for number one... didn't eat enough for number two." Ha!).

But Looordy.... when I hit the scene where Louie and Tex reunite... I could visualize Chris and Randall doing the scene in FMV - it was heart-rending! Tex with tears in his eyes and a lump in his throat... Louie trying hard to remember that this wretch was his friend.... You've definitely got a talent for this sort of thing, and Tex-writing is a great outlet for your creativity.
Can't wait to read the rest!

Artistic Voiceover Talent
http://www.eliehirschman.com

ESHbyESH
Post subject:
Post Posted: Nov 01, 2007 10:30 pm

OK, Jen, as always, you CHANNEL Tex in an unbelievable way. CC and co. could not have written dialogue more dead-on appropriate to our favorite sneakers-wearing bourbon fan. Your story does have many typographical errors which subtract in small ways. Just makes it slightly harder to enjoy.

I have to admit, I got a bit lost when the story got all involved. It seemed like I needed to remember all the details from the Radio Theater and your previous fanfic (which I ran back and reread). But certainly an engaging, compelling, exciting story and one worthy of the Tex series. Leaving the ending open... eh. Not sure about that approach. At least let the the readers decide the path and a definite ending.
Loved the "LeMosy" reference in there, and Rook's brief appearance was enjoyable. Cheers all around.

Artistic Voiceover Talent
http://www.eliehirschman.com

Jen
Post subject:
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2007 12:06 am

Thank you for your kind words and actually taking the time to read all the way through to the end.
Believe me, it means more to me than you can possibly know.
I originally started the story with the intent of having it slightly interactive, and that at a stopping point, I would allow the board to decide how Tex should choose to react in a certain situation. As I progressed further along, I knew it would become impossible for that to continue. Tex's path was clear.

But..that being said... (to steal a phrase) I wanted to let the reader decide the final choice for Tex at the cooler. What you pick represents the future of Tex and Chelsea. I didn't feel I had the right to decide it. So I left it up to the reader....

As far as backstory, yes, I wanted to wrap up some threads from my last fan fiction, and entertwine the two tales.

I kinda of think of these things in X files terms. There were two kinds of shows. The "monster of the week" X files cases (stand alone), or the mythology arc. I felt that I could only do Tex justice if I delved into that larger pool of experience. There had been so many hints and tiny little bread crumbs dropped through the games and the radio theatre, that I was compelled to dig deeper. And take it in a direction that maybe Chris and Aaron would not go in.

In fact, I meant specifically not to. I remember at some point in the past, Aaron said that the Path B, holodate ending was the most fitting of the storyline finishes. So I purposefully chose to start from a different point. Not really a "bizzaro world", but maybe an "other" path.

But I had to stay honest to the mythology. Even if I took some liberties. Radio theatre dropped hints about Anastasia, so I chose Alexis. Doing some research into the history of the family and the Fabrege eggs, I found that my branch could fit in the tree, and maybe not stand out too much.

Finishing a project this big, I realized that I have some weaknesses and limitations. I'm strictly amatuer, and learning along the way. My writing has a distinct voice, (I think) that needs some refining. But honestly, it's mine, for better or worse.

Thank you again.

netroam
Post subject: Re: Fan Fiction comments?????
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2008 1:42 am

Hey Jen!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to read your fan fiction yet, but I intend to do so when I'm done reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. That one really has me hooked these days.

So before I move on to the next book on my shelf I want to read all your fan fictions (and also JTOG's). I will, of course, post comments and thoughts about it after I read them. However, I saw that the fan fiction you posted as the sequel to Precious Drops has some weird characters when using quotation marks, apostrophes and such. Do you happen to have that story in a Word-document in the right formatting that you could send to me on my e-mail? I would hate it, if the story reading gets a bit ruined by formatting that's not in place. That would just annoy me a little bit which is absolutely not meant to be the case when reading a great story.

My e-mail is: mvpedersen@gmail.com.

Thank you in advance!

/// Morten

EDIT: OH damn - sorry Jen - I just realised you HAD made a new version with the correct formatting. My mistake! I have put them into Word and printed them out. Hopefully I can get to read them in a few days :)

adninsreaction
Post Posted: Feb 29, 2008 12:29 pm

I wish I wasn't so damn lazy and of a procrastinating nature so I could sit down and write...hey..I'm doing it right now...

"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

michel pronk
Post Posted: Mar 05, 2008 5:40 am

First ill copy past my coment for part one and add a few words.
michel pronk wrote:
Sorry it took me so long to anser but bad eyes makes for slow reading.

I like the story and the semi end "almost made it" but ill have to get back and read the story again to try and get my thoughts on paper.

OK second reading ongoing love the story build up about poor girl lost husband and the way and old ex "Silvia" of tex is used to prod tex into taking a new case to ........

Of to India and in search for "but is tex paying for it himself ohoh the that does not abode well."

The detailing on where u travel to rooms u enter peaple u meat is grand to say the least u realy have the fealing u are there.

lots and lots of do u know me or that sounds interesting now if only we know a anser. But we are used to that are not we.

Well to end what i think about the story is briljant cant wait to listen to more. I mean this so sounds like chapter one or day one and now the real story can begin. So verry well written jen and keep it up im sorry if it took me so long to get around to it only excuse i got is my bad eyes.

OK now im of to reread Jen's Tex Fan Fiction sequel to Precious Drops. but anotherday this took me 2 hours this morning and my eyes hurt a bit

OK the first thing i notice when i think of The past case... Precious Drops and then starting to read Jen's Tex Fan Fiction sequel to Precious Drops. is this u realy need to have played the games at least read the novels to untherstand why Tex is a clown all of a sudden and drunk as hell.

OK now for "Jen's Tex Fan Fiction sequel to Precious Drops."

Loved the way we start this part of the story where tex is given a job to investigate a wife who might have a afair but even before the night ends he ends up taking photos of the husband LOL.

And a hint of his old girlfriend in trouble.... lovely

Then the tale twister visit to Jeanne the story gets fast and furious now .....

Loved the way tex all of a sudden has money again just like in the games he has a break finds some gets a free gift and off we go to get into his old live as a PI.

I love the story so far i think in at 30% or so im at the point tes goes to chelse again and the story gets another part of the story is reveiled. And chelce is back in biseness...

OHH NOOO MORE MAC good build up to starting the investigations.

the story thickens or does it croswars puzzle Six letter word, 2015 director, music software 1990’s. Darned if he knew. Ended in E. No help there. hilarious.

and then weaving the moonshild story into the mix nice find in my opinion.

im at 60% geting well tired my eyes but i started so i chall finish

Why in the hell was there a morgue in the building anyway?’ Ohh thats so dark and just like the games u get tex saying things like that and then finding cleus to why its there nicely done jen good find.

ohh bad yen hinting about tex his name "she used a name that no one else, save his family, knew."

almost done gone take a break now will finish later i hope.

read the last parts now i realy like the story jen wont say too muth about the endings becouse i want peaple to read the story themelfs.

anyways took me half a day to read and reread this masife bit but i enjoyed every second of ot well done Jen.

Live is too short to waste it make sure its with the one u love !
MAIL : michel.pronk@gmail.com

Search for: