What kind of wheels do you have?

Well, I don't know about not wanting us to drive ... I guess there is something about that, when taking a look at the Wikipedia page for Denmark. It says the following about "Transport".
Private vehicles are increasingly used as a means of transportation. Because of the high registration tax (180%) and VAT (25%), and the world's highest income tax rate, new cars are very expensive. The purpose of the tax is to discourage car ownership. Whether a smaller fleet of aging cars is better than a larger fleet of modern cars is a matter for debate, however as the car fleet has increased by 45% over the last 30 years the effect of high taxation on the fleet size seems small.

In 2007, an attempt was made by the government to favour environmentally friendly cars by slightly reducing taxes on high mileage vehicles. However, this has had little effect, and in 2008 Denmark experienced an increase in the import of fuel inefficient old cars (mostly older than 10 years), primarily from Germany as their costs including taxes keeps these cars within the budget of many Danes.
As far public transportation - of course that's a good alternative in the larger cities, but we have a loooot of country side, and the bus connections in those regions are poor. We might see a bus those places once every 2 hours and only between 6 AM and 6 PM or so.
That stinks. Granted, I'm a petrolhead, so I'm biased, but if cars are taxed so heavily there's got to be reliable public transport. It seems if you live outside of a major city you are severely disadvantaged.
Well Netroam as I said as well there are a few houses for sale here in my neighborhood... I can talk to a couple of them for you if you're interested in relocating... lol
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
800 miles a month, Sam? Wow! I put 500 to 1,000 per week on my vehicle (when I am really busy). At the end of the first year of my current car I had 34,000 miles on it!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Yikes. Okay so the moral of the story is don't buy a car from Jim. He drives them into the ground. :)
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
In Jim's business though he has to go from Client to Client, so it's understandable...

Right now I'm lucky if I put 10,000 miles a year on my Acadia that I use primarially...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

1997 Harley-Davidson Softtail Classic
To fight against injustice and protect the weak
WELCOME BACK, DRAGON! :)
Joel wrote:WELCOME BACK, DRAGON! :)
Agreed!

WTF have you been?

-Cub. =o)
Thanks for the warm hello, guys.

Well, I haven't really been anywhere. I visit every month or so but never post. I've been looking for an opportunity to insert my thoughts into a conversation. I'll look harder in the future. By the way, how can I upload my old icon?
Dragon wrote:By the way, how can I upload my old icon?
On the right side of the screen you should see your name along with whether or not you have any messages and just below that should be the word Account, it is a link to go to your Account, just click on it and then when in there under User Control Panel click on Profile, then click on Edit Avatar... Then you just browse for your file and upload it...

Dragon wrote:I've been looking for an opportunity to insert my thoughts into a conversation.
Feel free to comment on anything and everything... Always good to see an elder of the board return... It's a pleasure to meet you Dragon... I've heard some of the others talk about you here and there...

Found it...Thanks
Hey there's a Dragon in the lair!

How's it fare?
Part-Time Nomad
Not too shabby, Dude.
Bafitis wrote:Hiya Menacexp... Welcome to our wonderful community... Do stick around and enjoy some good conversation...
Where to do you hail from??? We have members from all over the globe here...

I see you joined a long time ago... Good to see you've decided to post and join us...
hey, thanx 4 the welcome! 8D
I don't come on here very often but every couple of months i'll do a search to see if there is any news on Tex Murphy developments. I'm From Fredericton, NB, Canada.