UOTM 6.0 - Update

Hi all!

I've been plugging away at the new UOTM site, and just wanted to update everyone on how it's coming along.

First, let me just say...not to brag or anything, but the new site is going to be sweet! :) What I'm working on is way more than just a cosmetic update. I haven't been as excited about any version of UOTM as I am about Version 6.0. The biggest new feature will be site-wide accounts, meaning that your current Message Board login will soon become your UOTM account. Your UOTM account will not only allow you to post here on the boards, but also to comment on articles in The Bay City Mirror (which will be updated much more often, and will offer an RSS feed), and most importantly, upload content to the site: screenshots, saved games, fan art/fiction, etc. "Web 2.0" is here, and I'm hoping that community-driven content will be the force that breathes new life into our little corner of the Internets. :)

I'm still holding off on giving an exact release date, but my guess would be sometime in the next couple months. I'm holding out for the release of a few new technologies (phpBB 3, WP-United), as well as researching some new additions (integrated chat, for instance :)), so those things will affect the release somewhat.

Anyway, just wanted to let everybody know how things are progressing! It's hard to fully explain how cool I think the new site will be, and how excited I am to unveil it to you all! I think it will definitely be worth the wait!

P.S. It's not too late to offer suggestions in the "Wish List" thread. Don't hesitate to let me know if there's something you want to see included in the new site!
Sounds pretty swank James. This all reminds me of when when we were all waiting for this website to created. Man that was a long time ago. Appreciate all your hard work James you are L33T
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Very cool James! Can't wait to see the final product.
We appreciate ALL your efforts, James. Thanks!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
You're the best for doing this. A million and more thanks.

Kait
Rock and Roll, James! Rock and Roll!

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
You're the foundation man. Without you, we don't have the chapel within which we all convene. Many thanks to you, and I can't wait for the new site.
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
Thanks alot James. This has got me excited. I can't wait to see it. Later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
Alright... can you design us special membership cards to go along with the new UOTM passport? (you should call it that.. the New San Fracisco passport or something)... then we can print them out and put them in our wallets so when people as "what's this" we can say "I am part of a very special organisation, which has dealt with the NSA, SFPD, develled in the Roswell space incident, experimented with mind congtrol technology and had dealings with citizens on the planet Mars... aren't you?"

-Cub. =o)
In Tex we trust?

(edit: making us the only ones?)

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
I added a new suggestion to the top site-sticky thread, though I guess everyone's so used to seeing it that no-one really noticed it...?...

Lemme know what you think, y'all :D

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"