IMPORTANT - POSSIBLE DOWNTIME

Last edited by James LeMosy on December 29, 2007 • 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi all,

Want to give you all a heads up that there may be periods of intermittent downtime for the Message Board this weekend. I am going to be upgrading the Board to phpBB Version 3, as well as upgrading some other back-end coding.

All of this is in order to lay the groundwork for the upcoming NEW SITE LAUNCH. Since the new site will integrate very closely with the Message Board, and with your user accounts, I need to make sure there's a good, solid foundation in place.

If all goes well, by the end of this weekend, the upgraded Message Board will be up and running, and aside from a few possible new features, things should remain basically the same. I'll keep you posted over the next couple days as to how things are progressing!

Thanks for all your patience and support! The payoff is drawing ever closer!
Schweet! Standing by. Thanks for the heads up!
Looking forward to the new stuff!!
I'm looking forward to it - YOU da'man!!!

By the way, I can't log in from my iPod touch since the login in button seems to be flash which the iPod Safari doesn't support :( Who was it who said they logged in from their iPhone?

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
It was me. Safari works just fine. I'll test it right now.
see it works :D
those ipod touches are sooooo cool, can't wait for the new site either James
rockefeller wrote:I'm looking forward to it - YOU da'man!!!

By the way, I can't log in from my iPod touch since the login in button seems to be flash which the iPod Safari doesn't support :( Who was it who said they logged in from their iPhone?

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
Yep, I can log in from my iPhone, too. There should be an HTML login form at the bottom of the Index page, which will be there if you're not currently logged in.

FYI, I am planning on adding a non-Flash site header when the new site is launched. I recall there being others here who were having Flash problems as well.
James LeMosy wrote: Yep, I can log in from my iPhone, too. There should be an HTML login form at the bottom of the Index page, which will be there if you're not currently logged in.

FYI, I am planning on adding a non-Flash site header when the new site is launched. I recall there being others here who were having Flash problems as well.
Actually, the header is where I had the only problem on the Iphone. For some reason, it ate my 1st post, and didn't remember my log in. I went back, thinking it a glitch, and relogged in, hitting the "remember me" button at the bottom of the screen.

Bad move.

I couldn't log out. I didn't want to appear like a loser and be on all night long. So I had to delete all my history and load a different page from the I phone. Logging in and out from the PC seemed to have no effect.
Anywhoo, all fixed, but I know now not to hit the "remember me" button.

Veering off topic......hey, you've got an iphone too?? Sweet. I took the facebook movie compatibility test and when I compared with you, we were SOULMATES!!!! :D

HAHAHAHA!!! I can hear Malloy teasing now. James and Jen sitting in a tree.....

Actually I've already got a soul mate, but it's pretty darned funny anyways. :D
UPDATE:

Things are still progressing with the upgrade to PHPBB3, but not as swiftly as I had hoped. I will keep working on it over the next few days, and should be able to get the conversion done soon. The good news is that it looks as though there will be NO interruptions or downtime for the current Message Board! So, continue to post away while I get things ready in the background. :)

Thanks all!

P.S. The *other* good news is that I think you all will really like some of the new features that will be available once the new Board is ready!
Ooo, I'm feeling giddy with anticipation som ei hvit brud på bryllupsaften :D

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
That's just... so wrong...

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
I have absolutely no idea what your update is, what it means, and what I'm supposed to be happy about, but I'm thrilled just the same. It's an older person thing - it takes very little to make us happy but we can't remember why!!!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Me too, me too! Can't wait. By the way James, you might have missed it in the latest section, but I think you need to know ... as Cyberpunk so humorously put it...

Hey! That PayPal logo is just painted on!
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
ALL RIGE T!!!
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Mr. Thomas Malloy wrote:Me too, me too! Can't wait. By the way James, you might have missed it in the latest section, but I think you need to know ... as Cyberpunk so humorously put it...

Hey! That PayPal logo is just painted on!
Yeah, I saw that go by, and that is one of the things that will be taken care of when the new Board launches. :)