UPDATE ON NOVELS

Prtmn2gate.

Just typing that made the juices in my brain seethe slightly, actually.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
I enjoyed the new novel. However, I'm not a huge fan of short chapters. It seems a little ADD to me. Just as soon as I get into a chapter it is coming to a close. It's not a big deal, and the book is still great, but the shorter chapters just aren't quite my cup of tea.
At one time a chapter reflected a section of the story, like a TV episode; not an end to the book of course, but a beginning and end to that section of the story.
Fred Buer wrote:Abbreviations are bad enough. But I have a major, psychotic freakin' HATRED for portmanteaus. That, and the way every minor scandal gets the "-gate" suffix.

-Fred
Ugh. -gates are annoying. I wonder how many children and teens these days think Watergate was a scandal about water...

I find shorter chapters useful when I have only a short amount of time to read. I never like breaking in the middle of a "section". In-chapter breaks are good to help this, though. That said 10-11 pages in the size font of the original Tex novels isn't overly long. I'd say that's a nice length.
These comments are a riot!

Yes, people with a long attention span are becoming rarer, and furthermore --squirrel!-- um... eh, what was I talking about?
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
squirrel???? where???? pant, pant, pant :lol: