Howdy from Aaron & Chris

Do any of these help for the 3D Engine???

http://panda3d.org/

http://www.truevision3d.com/

http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~ki/engines.html
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I was thinking of one that didn't require coding, and also Ogre and Illicit are just as good as the engines you listed, Illicit would be ideal assuming the plug-in i've been hearing about comes into commercial (I doubt it though, the dev has been gone for ages).
If the Original Series could get re-released for Modern Operating Systems, like Sierra did, then we could introduce a whole new line of fans to this... Personally I think it would explode... There are a lot of people that I talk to that are so sick and tired of Sports, Driving, and Shoot 'Em Up Games...

The People need something New and Different and Tex would certainly suit that need... A lot of today's gamers have no idea that Tex ever Existed, so to them it would be New... I really think it would build a Monetary base for someone to give Aaron and Chris the green light for a new one...
Some just needs to put in the effort and little bit of money to remaster them into something compatible for today's Operating Systems... I know that I would buy New ones if they were to be released...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

yes I agree, look the longest journey originally put out on cd & then released on dvd for xp machines
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
The Longest Journey maybe, but a Welcomed Journey...

I would upgrade and buy a $5,000 computer if I had to, to play Tex Murphy...

Aaron and Chris went above and beyond when it came to those games... They were beyond their time then... And they are still beyond what most games are today... There aren't many games that mix Real with Animation let the Tex games did...

Most games do use real people to perfect the animation for the games, but I really like the Cut scenes like Tex and Wing Commander III, IV, & V had...

These games really need to make a comeback and pull in the new generation... I still think sales would be through the roof...

have tried fate by numbers. a short free game you can download. black & white but full motion video
Lynne
Never heard of it... Is it a Game??? How long is it and is it any good???

How old is it???

came out last year, you can see parts of it on youtube, download iso file. doesn't like vista.
works good on xp. its only goes for about a hour.

just google it
Lynne
An Hour??? That's not enough to wet my whistle... I need a game with some Depth... lol

well there is nothing, i just purchased the new lost game, pretty high specs- you need a new pc. I have been waiting for gray matter to come out (looks pretty good)
Lynne
by the way its only a hour "thats why its free"
Lynne
Nah my PC is good enough for now... Nothing worth buying to upgrade it for... It's a decent enough computer... Plays the SIMS 2 for my Wife well enough... With all the expansion packs I might add... I don't have that much invested in any of my cars, let me tell you... lol

never tried the sims game's, but have heard that some people get really addicted to it.

when I am desparate to play a game & can't find anything I just play the 3 tex games all over again. Gee I remember the first time I played pandora sitting up till some nights at 3am trying to get behind the black arrow killer & now I just zoom up to him.

I purchased pandora first & after I finished it I found overseer had just been released. I was so desparate to get my hands on it, I had it shipped from usa to australia. The dvd disk I thought at the time "what the hell is a dvd". After a few years I got a pc with a dvd drive & thought great I can play overseer from the dvd. (not knowing there was so many problems with it)

I have the 3 agatha christie games not bad but nothing like tex.

I had a good laugh once reading a review on tex murphy games. The writer said " in UAKM tex was a complete moron" but with pandora things changed & tex was no longer a complete moron & became just a moron.

This quote cracked me up.
Lynne
I sat in bed last night trying to figure out where and how I ended up with the 5 Tex Murphy games... I have the first 2 as well as the Very Popular 3...

But for the life of me, I can't remember how I ended up coming by them... I was only in my early to mid teens when Tex came about... So the chances that I bought the first 1 or 2 myself seem unlikely... I know I bought Overseer myself... But the other 4 I just can't remember how I got them... lol
It's driving me crazy too...

I never ended up playing with the DVD of Overseer... Are there really a lot of problems with it??? Or was it just because it was USA Format and you had your formatted equipment???

So glad to hear Tex is still an option. I would definately buy any game from you guys if its anything like Tex. Can't get him out of my mind even though its years since ive played. can't find anything near as good. Tex rules and so do you. Keep up the good work. :shock: