So they found it again...

At the beginning of UAKM the Great Detective in the Sky says, "So they've found it again, have they? I thought we'd taken care of it."

We know that the statuette had been around for a long time and features prominently in certain prophecies. In UAKM, the Cult for Genetic Purity (CGP) spent billions of dollars and worked for years to try and make the prophecy come true.

Although they nearly succeeded, it seems to me that a prophecy ought to come true by its own natural chain of events. A group of followers, like the CGP, should not have to follow a script in order to force the prophetic events to occur. When they do that, it's not a fulfillment of prophecy at all. It's an engineered event.

In this sense, the CGP were not fulfilling a prophecy. They were more like heritics trying to create a mock-prophecy in their own image. But this means that Tex didn't actually stop the real prophecy. Instead, he stopped a bunch of crazy people from carrying out actions inspired by a prophecy.

So now we have to wonder: If there is any validity to the real prophecy, then the prophecy is still waiting its time. Maybe hundreds of years past the events in UAKM, maybe much sooner. Will Tex be around to stop it? Tex Junior?

The Big Detective in the Sky thought they got rid of the statuette the last time it reared its ugly head. I wonder what happened to the statuette this time. Maybe it miraculously survived and fell to Earth.

I have a feeling that we haven't heard the last of this.
Time to start using Decaf Doc... :mrgreen:
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Interesting... I would've thought that it was destroyed along with the Moon Child. But then again, as quoted from the game "The forces of evil are persistent".

I always thought that the Big PI recruited a detective every time such a task needed to be done, and considering all the great gumshoes of the early to mid 1900s were long gone by that time, Tex was one of the last on offer... much to the Big PIs disappointment.

Anyway, I surely hope the gumshoe tradition stays with the Murphy family becuase evidently the gumshoe no longer exists in the new millennium, probably making the Murphys the true last gumshoes.

But I do think the bird was destroyed this time. The only reason why it was found again prior to the prophecy that was attempted to be fulfilled in UAKM was becuase back then there was no space station to blow the darn thing up high in orbit, so it would've been much easier to find again. But now its lost in space in tiny little piece. And it is after all crystal, so it would definitely not survive re-entry.

-Cub. =o)
Cubase wrote:But I do think the bird was destroyed this time. The only reason why it was found again prior to the prophecy that was attempted to be fulfilled in UAKM was becuase back then there was no space station to blow the darn thing up high in orbit, so it would've been much easier to find again. But now its lost in space in tiny little piece. And it is after all crystal, so it would definitely not survive re-entry.-Cub. =o)
The bird itself may have very well been destroyed, but the evil force simply left the bird. I'm sure the evil energy could survive re-entry. I wonder if there is an "evil fedora" or maybe an "evil cup of coffee" out there somewhere...
I wouldn't be surprised if it were an evil cup of joe. This thing be dangerous man. It twists men inside, turns them into beasts!

Doc, your opening statement all depends on the point of view. From the cult's perspective, it's much more engineering, but from the evil forces themselves the means to achieve their goals could include a cult following of some sort. Leaking a prophecy in the wrong ears and planting the means to achieve it within a famed statue is a sound plan.

Then again, if the prophecy is self-created and controls its own existence then it would be a bit of a cheap move and not quite an elegant plan to self-fulfill, which abounds with your reasoning. It certainly doesn't feel like the invisible hand we are used to with prophecies.

As for the rest, a prophecy remains in the air until it is fulfilled, which, depending on its validity, could mean for all of eternity. Either way, we definitely haven't seen to end of it :wink:
Part-Time Nomad
Frank wrote:
As for the rest, a prophecy remains in the air until it is fulfilled, which, depending on its validity, could mean for all of eternity. Either way, we definitely haven't seen to end of it :wink:
Spoken like a true narrator!

-Cub. =o)
Since we are going to stick with the Statuette, I would say that it is Indestructible... So therefore when the Moon Child was destroyed it was left floating in Space, so the next person who just happens by and spots it can take it and then it will end up falling into Evil Hands again...

If the Gumshoe Business is going to stay in the Murphy Family, then Tex needs to be getting busy on the Reproduction of his Genes... As to our knowledge, right now, Tex and Chelsea have only had the One date, where we relive the tale of Overseer...

Back at the Flamingo in Pandora, Chelsea only asked Tex if he would be willing to get Married again, she never asked him how he felt about having Children... One of them or both of them may not even be interested in children...
Unless Tex ends up with a familiar E.W. scene... "DAD?"

So Many Holes To Fill In... So much speculation... Sometimes it's fun Not Knowing...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
What exactly was the purpose of the statuette anyway? Maybe possessing the statuette was the only way the CGP could validate their actions as fulfilling the prophecy. In the intro of UAKM (at least in the Euro version) they show footage from WWII. Is it possible that Hitler too was trying to fulfill the same prophecy and had the statuette in his possession? I'm just speculating - has this connection been covered before?

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
Try this one on for size:

The Cult for Genetic Purity existed way before WWII. As they recruited most of the cult members were Nazis, and did have or gained possession of the Statuette at some stage and intended on carrying out their plans, however they never had the means nor the resources to perform their global purification becuase but the time they were in full strength the Nazis were on the decline towards the end of the war. They did, however, before their demise during the Nazi uprising manage to perform part of their purification and this became known as the Holocaust. By permission of Hitler of course, who was a firm believer in all this purification mambo-jumbo.

After the demise of the Nazis, the cult members were captured and their structures were destroyed, and the Statuette was lost for a long time.

Then, the cult began growing again, and whilst digging through the ruins from WWII they managed to find the statuette (hence the Big PIs statement "So, they've found it again. I though we'd taken care of it"). This re-ignited the fires so to speak and the cult began to grow again, until it was 2032 and they had many thousands of members. However, shortly after it was found they attempted to send it to America (which was where the cult was now based) but never made it, and got placed on the black market where it was bought by Eddie Ching, who tried to keep it safe. Until of course Tex was hired to steal it and (without knowing what he was doing) returned it to the cult.

Now if you remember, one of the Cult's members (and a worker at GRS) by the name of Camden Leander was referred to as "an annoying little Nazi" by Eva Schanzee... which implies that the cult is still founded on the original Nazi beliefs.

Anyway, that's my interpretation of the events.
It's probably older than that. Think big. The romans killing the christians, for example, and the crusades. Humanity has always been somewhat genocidal. Also it is a well-known historical fact that Hitler tried to base his third reich on the old Holy Roman Empire, and sought out tons of occult items. There's an angle there somewhere.

Speaking of angles and nazis and the weird and occult, did you know that the nazis had a large high-power telescope somewhere in the southern hemisphere looking upwards to try and spy on London? They were working under the principle of the Hollow Earth theory, which states that we do not live on the outside of Earth's sphere, but on the inside...

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
What about the Black Russians?
Played it once, stuck for life.
Last edited by Steve on September 22, 2008 • 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Played it once, stuck for life.
I'm guessing that the statuette survived the explosion and is somewhere in orbit, probably in a strong container or vault. (The reason why it survived the explosion.) It might be retrieved by a passing spacecraft, but it would be much more dramatic if it falls to Earth as a bright fireball (while protected inside the vault.) Then it would be dug up and probably regarded as an artifact that fell from heaven.

Then it's deja vu all over again.

I'm also guessing, for a new spin on things, that Tex's offspring will be a lady detective.

What do you think Tex (and Chelsee) would name their kid? (boy or girl)
If it's a boy, he'll be given his father's name and the junior-appendix. Also called Tex. If it's a girl, hmm... I dunno. How about Phoenix? I realize it's not a state, just a city in a state (that Chelsea ran off to once) but still. Phoenix Murphy has a nice ring to it.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
With a name like Phoenix Murphy she'd have no choice but perpetuate the Murphy career path.
Part-Time Nomad