Ahhh...Reminiscing (spelling???)

Last edited by jcarnby on January 10, 2006 • 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well...I recently swapped out the hard drive of my main laptop computer after a virus crashed my old one. I took the time and the money to upgrade from a 40gig HD to a nifty 100gig one. Afterwards, I transferred all my old golden games...and dosbox.

Moments ago, I finished playing UAKM again for the ubermillionth time. Anywhoo, just some comments and curiosities I thought I would bring up.

First of all, and the minor one, I thought I would start a quiz question. In the final scene at the Brew and Stew with Tex and The Colonel, there is a neon clock on the wall behind them. What does it say?

Second, up until now, I had never really pondered exactly what bird the statuette was supposed to resemble. In listening to Lowell Percival's speech on the Moon Child, he comments on it being a dove, correct? However, I didn't think the statuette looked like a dove...what are your thoughts?

Third, all those humorous portraits in the conference room at GRS, I suppose those were probably workers at Access Software? Or maybe family members of people who worked there, friends. Does anyone know for certain who any of those people are? The comments Tex gives to all those portraits (and any painting or photograph in the game for that matter) are quite amusing.

Anyways, that is all my talk for now.
Good questions! I don't remember the colck in UAKM but I always thought the staue resembled a dove. Why? Don't know; just felt like it.

The pics in GRS conference room and Tex comments were really fun. Do they resemble Access employees or their families? Haven't a clue.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Been awhile since I played it. Don't suppose someone could post a picture of the statuette (no worries if not).

The comments were hilarious on the photos :D Gotta love the humour in these games, who'd of thought looking at plant pots and so on could be so much fun.

Your job sounds interesting.
I read through the case you linked to, that's pretty terrible. :(
I wish you all the best with your new job.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Good luck with the case... first time you can turn around to your parents and say "See... all the while you were thinking all those Tex games were damaging my brain I was actually studying!"

In terms of those litle UAKM trivia thingos... I went through my UAKM screenshot collections but found none of the clock... and the statuette is a dove I am pretty sure... a symbol of purity as the cult beleived... which leads me to beleive it is not a pigeon.

-Cub. =o)
I think the neon clock says 'Mutant Burger'. I'm not sure.
i'm_melting_i'm_melting wrote:I think the neon clock says 'Mutant Burger'. I'm not sure.
yes, that is the impression I got. I know for sure it says "mutant" at the top, but I was not clear on the bottom word...but I do believe its "burger"
An extremely interesting case. Stranger than fiction and so on. Slim chances getting something out of a ten-year old missing persons case, but I hope you all the best.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
-Bob Dylan