Best music piece in UAKM series

What is the best music piece from Tex series ?

A part from UAKM Introduction (read explanation - 1)
8%
Day 1-7 Intro Music from UAKM
8%
Tex Office (main UAKM theme)
8%
Chandler Avenue themes from UAKM (Electronic shop, Golden Gate hotel, etc.)
17%
Main theme from PD
17%
Intro from PD (read explanation - 2)
No votes
The PI theme (main theme) from Overseer
8%
"Sonny Dies" from Overseer
No votes
"Let the match begin" (and / or) "Checkmate" from Overseer
8%
Other theme from UAKM, PD or Overseer
25%

Total votes: 12

I wanted to create this poll about half a year ago, but I never had enough time. Now is the moment :)

You have most of the music pieces here:
http://www.provisionaustralia.com.au/Lo ... oundtrack/

Some explanation:

1) this option is for the music from introduction , where the actor names are introduced (on blue background). Starts about 1:08 in UAKM "Introduction".

2) The moment where you see the introduction of actor names , and the Pandora Directive title
I have two favorites of equal likeableness (is that a word?):

1.) Finale during the credits in UAKM is an awesome jazz piece.

2.) Elevator music (you read correctly) at the clock tower in Overseer. Great work!

There are other favorites but those stand out the most.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Just about my favorite is the one listed as The Pandora Directive on Cub's website. It's the first midi file you hear playing in Tex's office. Close seconds are Tex's office music from UAKM (both versions are good) and the Autotech music - that always kept me jumping! Brilliant track.

The thing with the UAKM office music is that it reminds me so much of the Perry Mason theme...on one hand it makes me like it, but on the other, it can't be my favorite because it doesn't seem very original.

The Roswell midi is some of the most ingenious work from all three! But it's not, strictly speaking, a musical track, so I reluctantly exclude it from my list.
Jerry Dan wrote:The thing with the UAKM office music is that it reminds me so much of the Perry Mason theme...on one hand it makes me like it, but on the other, it can't be my favorite because it doesn't seem very original.
Wow, I'm not the only one who's noticed that then!

UAKM Office Music

Perry Mason Theme

It's not so much the main piano riff as much as the underlying, bass-ier part... thing. Can you tell I'm not a musician? :)
Yeah, it's not only the chord structure, but the rhythm and melody of the accompaniment that gives the impression. I'm glad someone else agrees! :D
I'd never really thought about it before, but they do seem similar.
I really enjoy the main Tex office theme. It just screams to me, "Let's go on an adventure." It's just good music for the ambience of the game.

~Keck
I still wait for the day Tex makes it onto ocremix.org...
i'm_melting_i'm_melting wrote:I still wait for the day Tex makes it onto ocremix.org...
What an AWESOME SITE! 8)

Must browse it thorougly when I get a chance... looks excellent! Thanks for the heads up.

Cub. =o)
While I do love all of the Tex music, the "Chelsee's Holodate" track holds the top spot for me. Whenever it pops up in my iTunes randomized playlist, I have to stop what I'm doing and just listen, and smile. :)
James LeMosy wrote:While I do love all of the Tex music, the "Chelsee's Holodate" track holds the top spot for me. Whenever it pops up in my iTunes randomized playlist, I have to stop what I'm doing and just listen, and smile. :)
"Sure they weren't real, but what is?"

...One of the most memorable lines in the game, and a great closer. :)

In my opinion, the Holodate ending is the most Tex Murphy of the lot... not only becuase that is the ending originally intended by the book, but becuase it sums Tex up in a nutshell and provides the most convincing close to the game, giving you a warm smile. And the music was resonating in my mind when I read the book, so I guess you are right James, it works very well.

-Cub. =o)
I agree, Cub. Tex getting a date with Chelsee is the ending we all want but it is not Tex Murphyish. He's not the kind of guy that gets the girl. And, if by some narrow chance he did get her (a la Overseer), then you can definitely count on something going wrong.

FYI: In the story/game we are writing, there is a section that deals with that particular subject. Unfortunately, we are NOT finished so y'all just have to wait. :twisted: (God! I love doing that to people! hehehe)
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I think the music behind the chess match with j. saint gidien was the best... I htink thats where it was. I'll have to double check the soundtrack when I get home, to make sure. But its the one with the timpani's in the intro. I love that one.

And tex's office is probably 2nd fav.

*EDIT*
wow Im stupid today....... its right there on the list.....
Must be the crazy weather and the long hours........ no im just an idiot.... lol
http://www.cwmdesign.com
Jim the old guy wrote: 2.) Elevator music (you read correctly) at the clock tower in Overseer. Great work!
Well Jim, you're in luck... just received an extended version of the Clocktower Showdown piece from Matt Heider which includes the music from that scene at the beginning. I have now added it to the list...

Get it HERE.

-Cub. =o)