Major Pandora Plothole!

Bafitis wrote:
Boy do I feel like a Post Slut... lol You've been here almost 3 years and I've been here a little over a month and I've got half as many as you do... That's just sick... :twisted: lol
Yep, kind of like an internet stalker :wink:
Yeah I'm approaching 400 in just over 30 days... I should probably close this window from time to time, then I wouldn't be so encouraged to look at it when I take a break from my other windows...

Saying it is the easy part... lol
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
congrats on the 600 Dr Paul!

Really interesting point about the plot hole. I reckon though that Baftis has a good point re the being noticed and on top of Rook's shop too.
David
Ah, but if you check out the geography of the street, the BAK is standing on Rook's roof waiting for the NSA speeder which explains Rook's comment about hearing something. The NSA speeder is the most likely way DH got there in the first place.

I imagine the reason for Tex/Mac not using a speeder to get up was that they didn't need to - in the case of Tex you discover a ladder and think "hey, where does this lead?" - you don't go outside on day one and think "Hey, let's look for Malloy on the roof of Rusty's! How do I get there?". I imagine the same was true for Malden and co. They were searching the Fun House and came across the secret room/ladder before they got around to searching the roof.
Horton was running because you were chasing him, if he jumped in a speeder to get up to the roof to wait for the speeder, why didn't he just stay in the speeder and get away??? I find it hard to believe that he got to the roof when running from Emily's room using a speeder just to sit there and wait for a speeder...

Actually after looking at some screen shots, thanks to Nilo's Place, when you track Horton to the Roof tops it looks more like you are over top of the Old Pizza Building, but then he ends up falling over top of Rook's Awning just to the right as you're looking down watching him fall...

I'm gonna have to go play it again and get some step by step incidents for this section...

Either way, there's no way that Horton could have used a Speeder to get on the Roof, even when he was just Spying, because it would have attracted too much attention, even if it was only hovering for a few minutes, as many times as I would suspect he had to go up there it would have just been to noticeable...

Jackson Cross would drop him off some where in the Neighborhood and later pick him up... Or Horton would park somewhere no one would be suspicious of a speeder being there...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I'm not saying Horton got up to the roof via speeder during the chase - in that case it was most likely through Rusty's. (Incidentally, it's not improbable that the NSA would have a copy of the key for Rusty's - it just got easier for Horton to get in once Tex left it unlocked)

In any case, seeing as Horton was part of a larger NSA operation to recover the puzzle boxes, it would have been easy for him to be "dropped off" on the roof by another operative in a similar fashion to the way the NSA dropped Tex off after his meeting with Cross; no need for the speeder to stop for more than a couple of seconds, if that.

Just checked the game, and it's definitely Rook's roof that Horton is standing on - to get to the Slice-o-Heaven you'd have to jump across the alley. You start on Rusty's roof, walk across the building behind the Newsstand, and then onto Rook's roof.
I'd have to play again... But from the way you climb across the buildings from what I remember and from where the ladder is in Rusty's, you just walk too much to still be on Rook's... Plus Horton is over near the edge where there is nothing off in the distance, if that is the case, then he is standing on top of the old Pizza building next to Rook's...

If you walk across to where Horton stands, you have the wall of the Slice-o-heaven in front of you:

Down to the left is the alleyway behind Rook's, complete with basketball hoop and fire escape:

All this discussion is very interesting but also wearisome. We could cap it off by simply saying: It's a game.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Jim the old guy wrote:All this discussion is very interesting but also wearisome. We could cap it off by simply saying: It's a game.
Somebody had to say it! :lol:

-Cub. =o)
Sorry Jim...but you are wrong...because last night, while I was cleaning out my closet, I found a small wooden door...upon entry I was sucked into the mind of Tex Murphy...and it was at the very moment he was sneaking up on Dag Horton...I then realized it was more than a game, and that Chandler Ave. is a whole other universe that has not been discovered by humans until now....after the fight, I was thrust from Tex's head and I landed out off of the Jersey Turnpike...
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
I'll have to play it again... I remember differently... You may very well be right, because I haven't played it in at least a decade... I just don't remember Horton staring into a wall...

I understand completely, adnin. Been there, done that.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Jim the old guy wrote:All this discussion is very interesting but also wearisome. We could cap it off by simply saying: It's a game.

Jim, Jim, Jim... *shakes head slowly* *sighs*

Jim, Jim, Jim... If Tex Murphy was "Just A Game" would you be on this Message Board??? Would I be on this Message Board??? Would any of us be here??? "Just A Game"??? No I Do Not Think So...

*falls to knees after small lecturing speech*

adninsreaction wrote:Sorry Jim...but you are wrong...because last night, while I was cleaning out my closet, I found a small wooden door...upon entry I was sucked into the mind of Tex Murphy...and it was at the very moment he was sneaking up on Dag Horton...I then realized it was more than a game, and that Chandler Ave. is a whole other universe that has not been discovered by humans until now....after the fight, I was thrust from Tex's head and I landed out off of the Jersey Turnpike...
how are your plans of being a master puppeteer coming?
"Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope" - by me.

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."