Are these addresses for real?

Replaying PD has given me many happifying moments but also spurred a question or two. Like, is there really a 144 Barcelona or 54 Front Street? Well, I did some Yahoo map searches and this is what I found.

1. Autotech was housed at 144 Carcelona. Yahoo maps said there is a 98 Barcelone Ave., but that's all. Zip: 94115

2. Malloy's warehouse is "housed at 54 Front Street; I believe that's in the Waterfront area." Well, there IS a 54 Front St that appears to be near the water. Zip: 94111

I'm still looking for some other addresses as I continue playing the games and I will keep you updated. Feel free to add some of your own.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Well, I found two more addresses while playing and looked them up as well.

1. Cosmic Connection 413 Vina del Mar does NOT exist at all.

2. Elijah Witt's apartment at 5778 Maple St Vancouver BC Canada is an actual address.

I'm doing this just for fun and to try to increase my post count.
Jim the old guy wrote:I'm doing this just for fun and to try to increase my post count.
I'm responding to this to snicker at your motive to increase your post count, and to admit that I am trying to increase my post count by responding to your attempt to increase your post count.
I'm wondering if my home address will be up next (well, there is a Lombard street here in London at any rate)
David
And you and I are trying to post at the same time! I've not come across that before - not being able to post while someone else is on the same thread.
David
Demonlawyer wrote:And you and I are trying to post at the same time! I've not come across that before - not being able to post while someone else is on the same thread.
I wonder if having three people try to post at the same time will crash the server? :shock:

Maybe we shouldn't try that.

(PS-Increasing my post count again :mrgreen: )
Jim the old guy wrote:2. Elijah Witt's apartment at 5778 Maple St Vancouver BC Canada is an actual address.
What is at this Address??? Any idea??? Is it a real apartment building or is it a house or business???

What about everything on Chandler Avenue, how many of those places actually give us Numbered Addresses???

I really need to replay these games again soon...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Me thinks a Google maps search with satellite viewing will reveal much more. :D

-Cub. =o)
First, Witt's address appears to be in a residential area, but Google Earth may prove it one way of the other.

Second, I entered 113 Chandler Ave (Snow White Warehouse) and there does NOT seem to be a Chandler Ave in SF.

Third, thanks to your inquiries I have been able to increase my post count.
if witt's apartment is a real address maybe it's a friend of aaron's & he though no-one would be wasting their time checking it out.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
As my father always loved saying, even the sun shines on a dog's rear end once in awhile...
You can pick almost any address, that makes decent sense that is, and there is a fair chance that it will come out to being a real address of some kind, somewhere...

I mean looks at Witt's address... Maple Street... Quite a common street there...
Throw some numbers in front of it and you'll most likely find an address somewhere...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I agree Baf... it's like "Wow, you mean 12 Lincoln Ave is a real address?" ...almost every state has a Lincoln Ave! I love that saying though, about the dogs ass... I am gonna use that.

-Cub. =o)
Make sure you use the more colorful world, it sounds better that way... :D
Yeah my father has used that saying as far back as I can remember... He also loved telling us whenever we'd ask for something, "Wish in one hand and poop {colorful word removed} in the other, see which one fills up first."...

And of course there is Main Street... I think there is a Main Street is almost every Big City and many small towns let alone every state... lol

While replaying UAKM I came across three more addresses.

1. Melahn Tode at 6935 South Curcle. Yahoo maps says there is a South Street, but not South Circle.

2. Colonel Dobbs at 47 Vine Street. Yahoo maps says there is a 47 Vine Terrace, but not street.

3. Alaynah Moore at the Roadside Motel. Google doesn't list a motel by that name in S. F.
It's a bit premature searching for addresses that'll appear in 2042, isn't it? Try again in 30-something years, Jim! :lol: You might have more luck!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!