Pandora on Gamer -- What's Different? (Specifically)

Yeah I know, I've looked at them before... Just not sure I want something that downgrades my computer on purpose... lol
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
The Witt slider puzzle is also different...I don't remember it being as hard.

The infamous Mayan calendar puzzle I actually found way too easy, didn't live up to all of its hype. I won't post the solution here, but it is very straightforward IMHO...I don't see the big deal.
yes the slider puzzle on gamer is harder but then again that why it called gamer mode.

I am trying out pandora on vista 64, before I upgrade to win 7 64, the sound on win 7 sounds so much better .
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I just got past it all again. Here is the rest of what I noticed that was different (to my recollection of Entertainment mode, and on Mission Street path):

* Fireball room was very interesting, a maze with things to dodge and no walls, very cool!

* I also didn't remember the dots puzzle, had to go back and pay more attention to the dots. I sorta cheated and reloaded to before the fireball room so I didn't have to play that room again lol

I noticed a small bug where the black dagger is absent from your inventory most of Day 9, even though you have it. I guess Antihydrogen has some strange effects on your inventory ;) Don't freak out if it's missing, as long as you had it before you went there, you are ok; you'll have it once you need it.

* I am not sure if the final sequence was more difficult or not, but it took a lot of trial and error again.

Very awesome!!!! Now I just wonder how different Overseer is on Gamer? :) Perhaps soon...but next on the list is Three Cards to Dead Time :) Only a few more days left, last I heard....

Oh, yes, I also had ~3000 pts, don't have exact number but it was just over 3,000. I didn't reload to attempt to just get more points for speed on most of the puzzles; as long as I got some points (even if it was 0 bonus points) I was satisfied.
Congratulations on finishing... What Ending did you end up with??? There are 7 you know...

Are you sure that the Black Dagger wasn't on the 2nd page of your Inventory??? You get it rather early in the game so it is further down on your Inventory list...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Bafitis wrote:To add to DrPaul, the Slider Puzzle in Witt's apartment is harder because it is a little bigger and has more tiles to slide...
:( NOOOOOOOOOOoooooo....
That said, Gamer is completely worth it! Very fun experience. So don't get too discouraged, joliet_jane :) The slider follows the same theme, just more tiles to get in place. That said, I did find the slider more difficult than the box puzzle.

I think the most difficult overall "addition" was having to solve the flights/map puzzle. I had to get a hint for the first two pegs only, after that I forced myself to figure it out and caught on, but I kept trying to associate geographic location. On Entertainment I always skipped that puzzle.

The most awesome new thing was definitely the Mayan Fireball room. That said, Game Player only adds to the experience IMHO and I don't think I'll play Entertainment Pandora anymore.
First, the slider puzzle in Witt's apartment, though larger, is easier. It takes me about 34 seconds to solve it. The smaller one on the other level is a little more challenging. Strange, but true.

Second, there is NO difference between the levels when plaring Overseer except for time limits or move limits in Gamer mode. That was a let down. Still, the acting - in most cases - was really good, the story line interesting, the puzzles were OK, and the ending sad. But we find out a lot about Tex' past and, at the same time, leaves us hanging for the future.
SPOILER BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED OVERSEER:
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S
There is a scene with the Sonny Fletcher character that is absolutely heart-rendering and the performance is A-one class acting. There should be FMV awards for actors in the gaming industry.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
well technically the game only has 3 endings, since the other 5 are mostly just over glorified Game Over screens and they don't really have an effect on your morality rather just over who you sided with at the end- the 3 main ones are the ones that conform to your morality.

The 3 extra puzzles, the Area 51 puzzle.. That was pretty hard, you had to enter the key into the device in order to unlock it. The Dot puzzle was also painful until I figured out that you had to follow the lines in order-- then it was easy. The Fire pit was extremely difficult on the first try, when you get to it its like OMFG what the hell?!

The fire pit literally scared the crap out of me, as did the entire level. Simply put, Aztec and Mayan and Yucatan ruins scare the crap out of me regardless.. That blood Altar scene from Apocolypto was epic and scared the crap out of me too.

The pit was unforgiving, but at least the death scenes (which you do a LOT) were amusing. I actually got a bit sick thinking about what Tex had gone through if he'd fallen into the lava or been hit by a fire ball.

Actually even Area51 scared the crap out of me as a Kid, just that DUN DUN!!! sound when the alien moves towards you.. and the feeling like "ITS COMING CLOSER!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
mr_cyberpunk wrote: Actually even Area51 scared the crap out of me as a Kid, just that DUN DUN!!! sound when the alien moves towards you.. and the feeling like "ITS COMING CLOSER!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
I too was scared sh*tless at the melted people and the alien at loose. I was trying to play the game with no walkthroughs and without using the hint system the first time around, so I stuck at the dorm room looking at everything for quite a while, and the alien there - moving.
I went out and looked at some other stuff, and the alien there - moving.
It didn't take long for it to find me, and me there - roaming about.
Needless to say I died a lot on that damned 4th disc!
"Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope" - by me.

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."
Well, sounds like a lot of Tex fans do not have bowel problems. That's good!
I have stated this fact for years, Jim. It's a theory of mine that still holds true today:

People who like Tex are generally less full of sh*t!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Yep, Area-51 surely scared the bejeezus out of me too when I played it. Particularly the soundstrack, with those whining voices, and the sounds bites that would make you jump 12 feet into the air.

although, a lot of sound cards did not properly play the Roswell music... the way it was meant to sound is so much scarier...

Roswell Area-51 music: http://www.provisionaustralia.com.au/Lo ... oswell.mp3

If you listen carefully to the music you will hear suble musical references to the Pandora main opening theme in that piece, about 3/4 way through before the speed picks up and it starts playing the "bomb" theme. It also has a compliation of all those "jump" bits at the end.

Anyway, seeing all those bodies I remember saying to myself "my god, Tex has guts!" either that or he does not mind losing them!

-Cub. =o)
Thanks for the Sound Clip Cub... It doesn't sound much different than what I'm use to from the game, so I guess I've always had a good sound card... But it's nice to have the File, I'm going to add it to my CD for Halloween that I play out the window all night...

Amen, Fred, amen. :lol: