Speaking of milestones....there's a BIG one coming.

Wow.

I can hardly believe it's been that long.

I feel old now.
Well, since younger members are recounting their life stories in this thread :wink: .....

Ten years ago I was eleven, and was probably about to find UAKM for the first time. I'd played Mean Streets a couple of years before (from a neighbour), and then saw UAKM in one of the earliest 'Classics' ranges in the UK probably around 96/97 and recognised the name Tex Murphy. I've never been so astounded and amazed and enthralled and excited by a game. Not before, nor since, and I don't expect it ever again. 99/00 found Overseer in its 'Premier Collection' UK release. PD never made a re-release in the UK, and I never saw its original release. I only learnt of it when the internet arrived for me in 2000, and eBay was my saviour. And, like the others, it was superb.

The idea that market forces means that we can't have more games like this is RIDICULOUS and makes me really annoyed!
10 years??? I'm only 24... wow was I really playing part II at 14? Crazy.

That explains this memory... I think I was stuck on Lombard St because I wasn't "good" enough for Chandler Ave (was that it?) and wasn't "bad" enough for Boulevard of Broken Dreams... and it came down to that choice on whether or not to kiss the sexy client... so I decided to do it to see what would happen...

And then they totally had sex! It was a little embarrasing to me at 14, but especially when there was a computer glitch (mine was always a little slower than the recommended speed) that got stuck on the scene with Tex on top... and the noise from the music that got stuck too like a record (EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH etc etc) that called everyone in the house to the attention of what I was playing. Man oh man ;-)

Guess it taught me a lesson though lol. I never got to play past that part unless I made the good choice, at least until people posted cool saves here for me to play from on my faster pc.

The memories... gosh how old was I then when I played UAKM? And my sis too who's two years younger than me? I felt a lot older playing it...
and happy birthday, PD.
Jen wrote:Our beloved Pandora Directive is turning 10 yrs old very soon.
Seems only yesterday that I grabbed it with my hot little hand...and the first thing I thought when I got it to run (albiet choppily) was...hey.... he just tossed a copy of UAKM, funny in joke....and hey...who was that masked man? :wink:

So our favorite (and I think I speak for most of us) Tex adventure has been around for a decade...who here feels old????

I propose that something SPECIAL be done to commemorate this occasion. I don't know what to suggest... but I toss the gauntlet out to the group...and to the powers that be.

Maybe a sticky on this topic...for the time being?

Anyone????

Jen
Ahh... 1996... "The Pandora Directive"... My favorite Tex game... Days of my youth...
It's all gone. Damn shame. :(
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Speaking of Pandora Directive, just installing it for another playthrough. Just beat Lowell Percival, and turned the Moon Child into spacedust. Can't wait to thwart Jackson Cross, that hot chick from Beastmaster, and not to mention that sweet old lady, with Tex's often dimwitted but brilliant ideas.
In 1996 I was 50 when PD hit the stores. (sigh) It would be nice to have something new from Tex now that I'm almost 55.

OK, OK!! 60!! I can dream, can't I?
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"