Overseer Trailer, Extended Version!

Last edited by Cubase on August 27, 2008 • 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well after visiting Adrian Carr's website I was able to pull a few strings and acquire a clean copy of the rare extended version of the Overseer trailer (without overlays), which I remember seeing YEARS ago but never got a hold of. The good news is I have managed to grab it and upload it for everyone to see!

Watch it here: http://www.provisionaustralia.com.au/Lo ... ertrailer/

Cheers!

-Cub. =o)
Awesomesauce! A few clips there that, I think at least, never made it into the game. Among others the dancing woman near the end.

Thanks Cub!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Nice job Cub! I knew there were to be some little gems on that site.

I'm glad the official trailer was cut though, because some scenes reveal way too much. Doesn't matter now of course, and it's nice to see. I would've just hated to know right away Gideon to be the overseer.

And damnit after seeing this I miss Michael York. He's too good to be reserved for either shadowy movies we never see or Austin Power sequels.
Part-Time Nomad
Sweet never saw that one before realy cool.
Live is too short to waste it make sure its with the one u love !
MAIL : [email protected]
Thanks Cub!
Great stuff, I agree with Frank though. It was good they didn´t really use this trailer, revealing the role of Michael York.
Nice... Shame the game now has so many problems running in the newer operating systems...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Coolness!!!
Thanks for posting that!!! There were parts I didn't remember seeing in the game.
Some of those characters were so amazing.

You rock Mat!!!
:mrgreen:
That was awesome! It even had the roulette line from the second time Tex vists Sonny in his apartment that got canned. Now I want Overseer the Game, Extended Version.
I really shouldn't have watched that... Now I want to play it again, but I don't think I have the patience for all the glitches... :cry:
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Yeah I noticed that too, I couldn't place the roulette line. Figured either I'd sucked at exploring the game or maybe the scene ended up on the cutting room floor.

50/50.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Superior video. Pity, that all cinematics of game are not in this quality. Than some clever programer could make a "remake" of games with videos in higher quality (UKM & PD too).
Paulino wrote:Superior video. Pity, that all cinematics of game are not in this quality. Than some clever programer could make a "remake" of games with videos in higher quality (UKM & PD too).
Well actually they are really good in the DVD version of the game. The CD version I think has terrible video compression. They used the 'Smacker' Codec, which is horrible, and it was only at 10 frames per second! The DVD version used the Bink codec which is close to DVD quality and is still used in games today (like Halo, and Oblivion).

-Cub. =o)
I never played the DVD version - only the CD version with the five discs, and I recall the video being very good, and definitely more than 10 fps. I do remember the video being interlaced though, but I think there was an option to disable this, making the video appear a bit more compressed. Were there perhaps several versions of Overseer released?

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
The only difference I found between the CDs and the DVD is the fact that you don't have to Disc Swap... Otherwise it all looked about about the same quality wise...

That does it. I am playing through all these games again soon. I've been putting it off too long.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf