Overseer Premier Collection box

Hey guys. I was doing some searching on ebay to buy an Overseer box as thats the only box I don't own yet. I came across a Eddios Premier Collection box that I have never seen before. Like one here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tex-Murphy-Over ... SwnTJXAYDm

I know that Eddios liked to take franchises and publish them as if they made them. I know they did that with the Tomb Radiers series and I think with the Thief games. Intel was the company that published Overseer, so what gives? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks, later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
l Laugh at the wording, pretty good condition for a box that's knocked around so much
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
This was the version that was released in the UK. It sold for £9.99 which is what most of their titles sold for.

I remember this well - I was mortified the day I saw this because I scolded myself for not having bought a Tex Murphy game at full price and perhaps months earlier. I later discovered that Overseer was only released in the UK in this format.

Those wonderful boxes with the flashing lights never made it to the UK, so it turned out I hadn't missed the game first time round - it was only ever released as a bargain title. :-(

Though I like to think I made up for that when Tesla came out.
David
"We have this rad cover art for the box, what should we do with it?'
"Eh, shrink it down to fit into a thick black frame for no good reason. Then put our logo on it."
"Brilliant!!!"
They released a few titles in the same range including Tomb Raider 1. The boxes were all the same - the game's artwork was centred around a black border in the same way.

It was effectively their 'budget release' versions of games. i was kicking myself when I saw it thinking I'd somehow missed Tex first time, but I hadn't. It was how it was released here.
David
Send me a private message as I have a ton of older Tex stuff collecting dust in my basement.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
There's one on ebay right now:-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Overseer-Tex-Mu ... xy69JTBB6R
David