Help or hints needed

Fred Buer wrote:I need help with the satellite. Snuck past the second patch of bees, activated the puzzle to reroute power, aligned the satellites, and now I'm sort of stuck. Tells me I still need to go to the auxillary power thingy.

Am I experiencing a bug? Or am I supposed to get past those spiders in their webs somehow?

-Fred
The Satellite doesn't update its activated state when you click on it. So its a bug. But you can still progress. You're actually supposed to go to the communications room and do the puzzle thats on the screen. Then pick up the spirit radio instructions.
I've already done the satellite arrangement on the screen in the communications room. It doesn't give me the spirit radio frequencies.

How do I progress? And how am I really supposed to get by those bees? I feel there's a trigger there I might've missed.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
You will get small paper how to tune frequencies from the comuter where you adjusted satelite position.

The paper is not big, but quite visible. Try to search.
mr_cyberpunk wrote:Ok the Puzzle is simple.

First Column, press the top bottle.
Second Column press the eighth bottle
Third Column press the seventh bottle
Fourth Column press the ninth bottle

Really the puzzle should reset itself if you press more than 4 bottles, I think BFG should change that given how many people got stuck there. Even I did.
So, is there a way to reset this puzzle? I press the correct bottles in, but then nothing happens.
Never too late for coffee, never too early for beer.
Pull the bottles out and push them back in, that's what i did to get it working.
I must be getting dumber in my old age, but I just can't figure out the satellite power puzzle just past the bees. I thought I had all the combinations figured out by can't get more than 3 of them to light up on the right side. And, sometimes using the exact same combinations that light the right side up one time, won't work the next time I try it.
2 hrs wasted.
Feeling really dumb right now. :oops:
Think I'll go to sleep for a while.
All play and no work make me a happy boy!
Fred,
did you turn on the machine where the bees are?
after you did the satellite puzzle look at the right of the computer and their should be a piece of paper you can grab.
I am on my third playthrough right now. I just didn't notice the sheet of paper the first time around.

Also, it seems like the entire Satellite Uplink control box (atop that little area with the dish which you need to climb a ladder to reach) is an entirely optional place to visit. One would think you'd need to go there to push a button or something.

jmarsh07: That puzzle works like this: The up and down keys will move the LEFT-MOST column up, but half of the colors will stay still, while the same for the RIGHT-MOST column. The left and right buttons will change the colors of the left and right half of the colored bar currently on the bottom at any given time. Takes some getting used to, but once you understand it, the puzzle really is a cinch.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Day 8 - on which level can I find the change needed for the Red Bolt vending machine? I began to suspect it was in the pockets of one of the slain in the first room, but now that I'm locked out of it, I certainly hope not.
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
The change in the the room with the morlock trapped under a desk.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Fred, isn't the fire extinguisher up on that platform?
Kristin
"It's a three-sixty! *CRUNCH*....He's fouled..."
Help!

I've come to a full stop in Day 5 in the Sesen Temple. I think it might be a bug, but I'm at the maze puzzle test (skull and anubis) and every time I click on the activate icon to start the puzzle it causes me to step back so I can't do the puzzle.

It's got me beat. Up to this point the game has not caused any problems at all and has played very smoothly.
annie from OZ wrote:Help!

I've come to a full stop in Day 5 in the Sesen Temple. I think it might be a bug, but I'm at the maze puzzle test (skull and anubis) and every time I click on the activate icon to start the puzzle it causes me to step back so I can't do the puzzle.

It's got me beat. Up to this point the game has not caused any problems at all and has played very smoothly.
That happened to me!! Try to right click to "Skip" the puzzle. It's the only thing that worked for me. I feel your pain!
I climbed off and on that dang thing 500 times.
mat tells me that when you can't stand on the platform to do the puzzle it has something to do with FOV settings(field of view) but I still argue the point that my game is set at default of 60, however the demo was set at 40.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Thanks Jen, glad it wasn't only me. I managed to successfully skip the puzzle so I can now move on.

Plumgas, I did try that adjustment thing with the FOV, but it made no difference - I still couldn't activate the puzzle.