Have you found your photo in Tesla yet?

plumgas wrote:okay checked you out again, by your photo I would have said........this guy looks like a uni student" Jason is near you "the law books behind him"
That's because I AM a Uni student :) Good to know I still look the part.
lol
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I don't know what picture thatwas used in the game, but looking at your avatar, it reminds me of a cross between Austin Powers (pose) and Johnny English (black hair etc).

No offense, I rather thought it was an amusing image but not so funny that a person would make fun of it. And no.... I really don't want to know what anyone else thinks of me. I'm pretty sure I'm mostly ignored by most regulars, which is fine by me.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
Joel wrote:
plumgas wrote:okay checked you out again, by your photo I would have said........this guy looks like a uni student" Jason is near you "the law books behind him"
That's because I AM a Uni student :) Good to know I still look the part.
Get a haircut you hippy! :lol:
Look again, I have short hair in that photo :lol:
silvermitt wrote:I don't know what picture thatwas used in the game, but looking at your avatar, it reminds me of a cross between Austin Powers (pose) and Johnny English (black hair etc).

No offense, I rather thought it was an amusing image but not so funny that a person would make fun of it. And no.... I really don't want to know what anyone else thinks of me. I'm pretty sure I'm mostly ignored by most regulars, which is fine by me.
My Avatar photo and Tex Photo are two completely different people. The Avatar image in this thread is Noel Gallagher (of the band Oasis) while the image at the Savant School (wearing glasses) is me.
Oh, yeah! Totally found me. And I couldn't be more pleased with the result (or more surprised at it, for that matter).
Joel, I like your picture. You look so cute. You should be using your real picture all the time.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Yes Joel show yourself, you are australian & we are not afraid
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
sam10100 wrote:Joel, I like your picture. You look so cute. You should be using your real picture all the time.
Aaawww ok, how can I resist?

<<<

Happy?
Nice. :)
Samantha

That is much better then Oasis guy.
You actually look like Seth Green (Married with Children, scientist geek that Velma fell in love with in Scooby Doo Monsters Unleashed). It's a good thing.

I remember when being "geek" was a put-down, but now it's more of a defining attribution of sharp wit. I like that it has become a favorable trait.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
Last edited by Chandler on June 02, 2014 • 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silvermitt, one of the very best positive Geek comments I ever read was in an e-magazine study (maybe it was The Register) wherein they asked a bunch of women married to geeks about their husbands/marriages.

One of the wives responded, "It's not just at work where they know all the right buttons to push."
:shock:

EDIT: I remembered; it was The Sun (UK) online newspaper.
Haha. That's a good one. I've heard similar jokes before.

Joel, I think your picture in the game makes you look like a young David Tennant.
Samantha

silvermitt wrote:That is much better then Oasis guy.
You actually look like Seth Green (Married with Children, scientist geek that Velma fell in love with in Scooby Doo Monsters Unleashed). It's a good thing.

I remember when being "geek" was a put-down, but now it's more of a defining attribution of sharp wit. I like that it has become a favorable trait.
I've never been compared to Seth Green but there are much worse people out there, so thanks :)

But you're right, in the 1990s when I was growing up, I was bullied and denigrated for being a nerd and a geek. It's really only since the mid to late 2000s that it's really become fashionable. One of my major complaints at school was that the student who did half the work, achieved the subpar results and played on the football team wrongly got the attention I felt I deserved. It's a completely different playing field at Uni :)
sam10100 wrote:
Joel, I think your picture in the game makes you look like a young David Tennant.
I've been compared to the Doctor before, not at all a bad thing either :) Thanks! I should have done this earlier.