Received Tesla Effect Collector's Edition

It was me who suggested making their own box to someone who was really complaining about the packaging. I suggested it would make a good project.

I haven't got my booty box yet. I look forward to its arrival.
Demonlawyer wrote:In one of the videos Courtney refers to making Tesla Effect as something on Chris' bucket list, so even if there isn't another game, Chris is happy with it, and knowing that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
To me, this is the beginning and the end of my interest in backing Project Fedora. :) ♥♥♥

...So when people cry and moan about DVD boxes and folds in their poster is really boils my pee. :evil:
To me, this is the beginning and the end of my interest in backing Project Fedora. :) ♥♥♥

...So when people cry and moan about DVD boxes and folds in their poster is really boils my pee. :evil:

Please, please, please.. don't take this wrong.... but the last part of your comment made me spit coffee out my nose!
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
joliet_jane wrote:
Demonlawyer wrote:
It's "brings my piss to a boil."
Joel wrote: It's "brings my piss to a boil."
I've heard that too, but I have my own way of saying it.
Hey ho guys. I just got my package in the mail and first of all, I flipped over my items. I got everything out and fell in love with it all. But after I put on the shirt and started opening the DVD cases, it did occur to me that I was expecting a big UAKM or Overseer box. I wanted to put it up on my mantle. But thats totally alright, because the game is rewarding enough. But as I read this thread, I did a quick search online and found this site.

http://www.printmybox.com/software-boxes/

Cub, maybe if you design a cover for a box and post it on here, maybe we could post it on Kickstarter and have people purchase a box if they'd want one. I dono, just a thought. Later.

Edit: To further my thought and not double post

I just got a hold of a representative from the website I posted. He said if we can get a specific dimension of the size of the box, they can e-mail us templates so we can create our oven printed covers. Much like the way you can print custom DVD/CD cases from duplication sites. But if anyone here wants to further this, can anyone measure the old Tex Murphy boxes to give us a size to go on? I'm crummy when it comes to that kind of stuff. Jen expressed an interest in doing this kind of thing. I'd be happy to help out too in any way that I can. Get some of us here to take on the project. Gather peoples interests on the Kickstarter page, rally enough people that would want it. Open a paypal account to process it all. But again, thats only my idea. Later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
I just received my box and was really excited to open it, thinking perhaps a couple more packages were on the way. Upon opening it, I was underwhelmed. I think the Big Finish team should have given backers the option to pay a few extra bucks for proper shipping of the poster and a real collector's box.

The execution of the perks could have been so much better. If that had been the case, I think the majority of higher-tier backers might have been crazy enough to be higher-tier backers again on any future Kickstarters.

Despite the disappointment, I'm at least glad the Kickstarter was a success. It was good to see Tex one more time.
That would have added more complexity and more delays and more man hours and more costs.

Kickstarter is not a store.
I think the Tex Murphy statue that was part of the Kickstarter rewards is a much more complex thing to incorporate into production costs, shipping etc. That's why people were asked to pay extra for it and need to wait longer (and intelligen did say they would pay extra for the box).
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
I paid $20 for shipping which was standard for international . I didn't back the statue level which was $2500 but the shipping was the same rate as mine. I must add when looking up the australian shipping costs I doubt if the $20 cover the full costs.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Yeah, like intelligen said it may of been apt to offer people the option to pay extra for shipping.

Quite a few people bumped their backer level up for the big box version of Double Fine's Broken Age to go alongside their old Grim Fandango boxes. They're waiting for production of the physical copies (the game is still incomplete, broken into episodes) but they've had digital copies in the meantime.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy