Received Tesla Effect Collector's Edition

The DVD is here. Along with a T-shirt.

Now the question of the day, do I open the package, or keep it unopened?

Ema Nymton
~ @ : o ?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
Since you don't need it to install & play the game, I would leave it unopened. IOW, why would you need to open it?
I'll be Chandler's devil advocate: Open it.

You just never know what cool info and pictures are inside it! Yep, it's installed on my pc, but I'd still open it if I had one coming to me. Keep in mind, I'm not so much a collector but more of a savorer of awesomeness! Couldn't tell you how many Star Wars action figures we've opened the package and played with instead of collecting dust!
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
silvermitt wrote:I'll be Chandler's devil advocate: Open it.

You just never know what cool info and pictures are inside it! Yep, it's installed on my pc, but I'd still open it if I had one coming to me. Keep in mind, I'm not so much a collector but more of a savorer of awesomeness! Couldn't tell you how many Star Wars action figures we've opened the package and played with instead of collecting dust!
Well, I fully expect we could get BFG to post pics of everything in the package.
I've read it's just a DVD case with the discs inside. To be honest I thought they might go a little old school with the packaging.
I just got mine.

Yeah, it's just a DVD case with 4 discs in it. 2 are CDs with music from the Tex games. There's a FANTASTIC Jazz CD with live recordings of scores from the last 3 games. I like the cover art too. I guess I did expect a cardboard box about the size of Pandora or UAKM. Maybe I was being naive.

Ultimately, I don't know how well the game has sold. I followed the top seller charts in steam and gog for a few weeks and it never was exactly a chart-topper, so it wouldn't surprise me to know that maybe they had plans for a real old school PC box game and then just didn't have the funding for it.

Before I get too bummed out, I have to remind myself that the game is a blast (I'm still crawling my way through it) and I got what I wanted: a chance to play Tex Murphy again in a new adventure.

I do, however, think that this will be the last Tex game. It's just my gut feeling.

But I would love to be wrong.
I hope you're wrong too, Tuco. It's hard to watch the "10 months later" scene and not want a little more.

Hammerhead
One of the discs was rattling around in mine, so I opened it in order to right it and keep it from scratching.

Nostalgic as those old big boxes were, they were pretty unwieldy and harder to keep in good shape. I prefer the smaller, more durable DVD-style packaging.
Hammerhead wrote:I hope you're wrong too, Tuco. It's hard to watch the "10 months later" scene and not want a little more.

Hammerhead
But not as desperately as after the "Things could get worser" scene. They brought things to a good conclusion and while, like jello, there is always room for more, I feel happy and satisfied knowing we killed the cliff hanger and brought Tex back for one more hurrah, and a really good one at that.
In one of the videos Courtney refers to making Tesla Effect as something on Chris' bucket list, so even if there isn't another game, Chris is happy with it, and knowing that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
David
so I wonder how the detective box will be packaged of UAKM,Pandora & overseer.
I do know they will come out on dvd disks but will they be just in a dvd case just like the tesla effect.

I should imagine if this isn't a nice box people will get upset. But since its states this "The Ultimate Detective box set of "Under a Killing Moon", "Pandora Directive", and "Overseer" in special edition Collector’s Box. it would have to be special

I remember purchasing a exclusive gift box of the godfather box set. It was a wooden box & it had a gold gun on the top of the box & inside velvet & satin lined box ....just like a coffin..... it was a lovely gift, the person I purchased it for was stoked.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:so I wonder how the detective box will be packaged of UAKM,Pandora & overseer.
I do know they will come out on dvd disks but will they be just in a dvd case just like the tesla effect.

I should imagine if this isn't a nice box people will get upset. But since its states this "The Ultimate Detective box set of "Under a Killing Moon", "Pandora Directive", and "Overseer" in special edition Collector’s Box. it would have to be special

I remember purchasing a exclusive gift box of the godfather box set. It was a wooden box & it had a gold gun on the top of the box & inside velvet & satin lined box ....just like a coffin..... it was a lovely gift, the person I purchased it for was stoked.
Heck. I would be willing to buy the whole set as is. No questions (complaints) asked.

Just give me the games that work without work a rounds.

Ema Nymton
~ @ : o ?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
I'll keep it for posterity but I'm not too fussed with how it looks - I can play all the games downloadable and in a few more years they may be in a format that doesn't work anyway (sadly) so I may not even open it and just admire it - even if it's a paper/plastic box with hand scribbled art.
David
Most $500 backers will not use the disks as we have the all ready.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Honestly, I ordered the TM Boxset ($500.00 tier) because I'm a fan boy. I seriously doubt i'll even take the discs out of the case.
Yeah if I'm honest, I guess I was expecting a retro box. Someone on the Big Finish forums suggested making their own fan-box. Maybe some craftily creative folks in the community can do that (I'm far from crafty).

Sadly both game discs had come completely loose from America to UK, so they got scratched up. I think it's because the 4 discs are stacked on top of each other and the center holders aren't very deep. Some DVD cases have an additional hinged plastic holder which allows for 4 discs to be laid down separately, that may of been more secure.

But as others say, it's mainly a collector's item, I can play it via GOG or Steam anytime. And of course the main thing is, it exists at all.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy