Playing Tex on old computer

Hi AaRon and Chris,
I have all the Tex Murphy games and would love to play them. Can you tell me how to set up a seperate machine of any ilk that will contain all the disks and be able to play them without all the mod-cons keeping me from using them. I am prepared to buy a real old computer or build one from scratch, dedicated to the (DOS) games. I was in contact with Nilo several years ago and he got several of them working under XP but now he appears not contactable and I upgraded to win 7 x64, so they won't work.

Jim Walker
[email protected] (Please contact me here )
Jim1Walker (on Tex Murphy Web Site)
I just sent you an email with the info
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
The GOG games don't work on Win 7 x64??? Damn...

Hadn't gotten around to trying them yet, but was certainly looking forward to playing them soon...

As for Nilo, he had a few health scares a couple of years ago and decided that family was more important than computers... He now spends his time with his children and grand children... There was someone else running his site, but I don't know how well they are at contacting people... May not even be a Tex fan, just a fellow computer guru that Nilo entrusted his website to...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, I bought the series off GoG the other day and I have Windows 7 x64. They DO work! The only game I had issues with was Martian Memorandum, and that I ended up playing in XP compatibility mode with no problems.

Oh, FYI, the GoG versions for the first four use DOSBox. They come bundled with .73 but the latest build is .74 and that is available on the official DOSBox website. Just copy the downloaded DOSBox files into the corresponding DOSBox folder for games that use it and they will run the latest version--same with ScummVM and surely any other free software GoG games operate on.

If anyone has questions, feel free to reply to this post and I will help as much as I can with getting it to work for you.

Have fun! :D
Bafitis,

jim walker was referring to the original games not working under win 7 64 not the gog version.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town