UAKM Dead End? (Ching ring)

Hi Tex fans.

Apologies for begging for help, but I am currently playing my first ever Tex game, and loving every second of it...until...

I've reached Eddie Chings apartment, and things are hotting up. However, after wandering around for a while, I used the hint system, and discovered I needed the stacking ring to disable the security system. Sadly...I never picked it up. I can't seem to get back out of the window and go to Rustys to get it either.

I was working with one save (I know, school boy error).

Am I screwed? I suspect so.

If so, is there anywhere I can download Tex save files? I'd be happy to just start day 2 again, but the thought of starting the game again from scratch saddens me!

Thanks in advance.
have tried the travel to go back to rusty's
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Welcome Monty... Great to see a New Player/Fan...

Just use the Travel Button... You can't go back out the window, even though that is the only way for Tex to travel to and from the Apartment, but once you've gotten in, you won't see Tex use it again...

Just "travel" back to Rusty's and get the Ring and then "travel" back to the Ching's...

Happy Playing...

But for future advice, I recommend Saving Often, just in case you find yourself in another hard spot... That way you don't have to go back very far to recover yourself...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Many thanks for the speedy responses!

I didn't realise that you could travel from any location...I assumed that you had to leave a place before being presented with the travel menu, or click on your car. There's a lot to be said for reading the manual...

This is great news though. I've just got into work, and now I can't wait to get home and stuck back into Tex! Only another 8 hours to go...

Really looking forward to carrying on the adventure, and I've already bought the rest of the Tex catalogue from GOG!

Thanks again,

Monty
That actually would have made sense to put into gameplay.