Overseer problems in XP... yet again

Hi all

Firstly, let me say many thanks to Nilo who has replied to my emails over the last few weeks to help me to get to his site for the downloads.

I had copies of all the games (and played them all again in DosBox), but didn't have a DVD version of Overseer, so purchased one on eBay (lifesaver...). I've installed the game, the patches and used the guide written by Tanstaafl to get it up and running, except it doesn't...... the furthest I've managed to get is round about where Tex falls out of bed and then the game freezes. What info can I give anyone to get this running?

I've gone through most of the posts here that are Overseer related and have tried everything I think but still no joy.

Any direction appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Drew
I also had the same problem with Overseer freezing after installing it using the "Tanstaafl" guide. I couldn't get past the intro scene either , so I ended up uninstalling it, and went to Nilo's Place website and downloaded his "Overseer for XP" zip file and followed his instructions. And it works! Hopefully it will work for you if you haven't already tried it.

Good luck,
Cindy B
Cindy
Thanks for the info Cindy B . I did all of that again and it still crashed. Possibly user error, so will let it sit for a day or 2 then try again.

Nilo has been a massive help, and his new site is great too.

Based on the fact that everyone else seems to get this working it must be the idiot working the keyboard at this end. :oops:
Are you running XP Pro or Home? The reason I ask is because I just talked with a fellow gamer who has XP Pro, and he told me that he could not get Overseer to run on his system. After many attempts at trying different configurations with no luck, he had to give up. :(
Hopefully you have the XP Home Edition.

Cindy B
Cindy