UAKM, PD, and Overseer demos

Hello everyone

I'm new to the site but not to the Tex Murphy games. I've played them all when they were new.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find the demos of UAKM, PD, and Overseer?

I remember seeing a demo for Pandora Directive and it had the trailers like the ones that show in the little polaroids on this site. I assume the other demos have these trailers as well. These are what I am mainly looking for. I want to get them in a bigger size.

I found a CD from an old issue of PC Gamer magazine (March 1995 issue) that had the UAKM demo on it but it doesn't seem to work. Using dosbox it installs and runs but constantly tells me to insert the CD. It must be missing files or something.

Anyway, if anyone knows where I could find them (or can send them to me) I would greatly appreciate it. :)
"Frankie says 'Relax and wear a Hawaiian shirt' ". --Tex Murphy, PI
Well,
I managed to figure out how to get the UAKM and PD demos that I found on some old PCGamer discs to work. The UAKM trailer in my demo is slightly different than the one on the polaroid here. It looks as if it is a later version with more game footage available.

The files that were missing (causing the demo to ask for the CD) were in an improperly labeled folder. The demos couldn't find them. I guess PCGamer screwed up when they made them.

However, I know for certain that I do not have the Overseer demo anywhere in my old stash of discs. If anyone knows where I could procure a copy of it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Naturally, I would be willing to trade copies of the UAKM & PD demos for it. :D
Send me an email:
[email protected]
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Gun, any chance you're extracting the trailers to an easily read file type? (read: avi or mpg, NOT smacker) Because I'd love to have them. If that's the case, and if I can get access to my old website, I can put them on my site for everyone to grab.

Hell, I can remember when I was younger, before I'd even played any of the games, catching that Pandora demo, and after I'd crushed it, I would play that trailer over and over, to the point where I'd be voicing the announcer's lines along with the trailer. "Join Tex on the most DANGEROUS case of his career!"

Aaron
Tex - "Was the picture of me flattering at least?"
Lucia - "Is that even possible?"
RandomManA wrote:Gun, any chance you're extracting the trailers to an easily read file type? (read: avi or mpg, NOT smacker) Because I'd love to have them. If that's the case, and if I can get access to my old website, I can put them on my site for everyone to grab.

Hell, I can remember when I was younger, before I'd even played any of the games, catching that Pandora demo, and after I'd crushed it, I would play that trailer over and over, to the point where I'd be voicing the announcer's lines along with the trailer. "Join Tex on the most DANGEROUS case of his career!"

Aaron
I sure can. Actually, that's one of the reasons why I wanted the demos so bad. I successfully extracted the music video from the Pandora Directive demo. I'll work on the trailers this weekend (17 Nov) and let you know when they are available. I'll try mpg format. I know I can do avi but I will try mpg this time.
I've some webspace available on my personal website. I can host these demos for you if you wish.
--
Life is like a sewer. You get out of it, what you put into it!
Hi.

I have all Tex Murphy games.

I love to collect playable demos.

I borrow a Demo of Under a Killing Moon a long time ago.

I wish i could have it back.

Where can i download the Demo?

I also want to record videos of the Demo and put it on YouTube.