A couple Overseer issues

Does anyone know why I keep getting the (seemingly inconsequential) error message at the end of the first couple videos on Overseer? The error message says something about there being no description for the error and doesn't seem to cause any real problem, but it's annoying as heck.

Also, although I am grateful to Sai for the quote from the ezboard that helped me ditch the mouse trails, I now have halting video. I assume it's because I switched from software to the hardware option. Anything else I can tweak?
This happened to me as well (when I finally got my DVD version to work in XP!). Can't tell you what the source of the problem is, but it seemed to vanish when I enabled trilinear filtering and mipmapping. You might want to try that.
Thanks for the advice! I'll try it.
I have a feeling the MIDI music is the problem here.
Turn it off in RSXConfig via the start menu or the 'Preferences' tab before loading the game up and play with some other music in the background.
Overseer MIDI is not 100% compatible with XP and 2K onwards due to the different MIDI device driver architecture (WDM) and various Directsound issues. Unless someone comes up with a workaround, get hold of a 98SE disk, backup your vital data and do a clean dual boot with 2K/XP for full sound and music. It's what I did in the end.

Hope I've helped somewhat. :)
Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do.