Check it out guys! Seriously!!!

I just bought it!! A new project from Big Finish Games! Looks great and the play clips right along. Common sense puzzles, and a awesome atmospheric soundtrack .

So much for a productive evening..... :D

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-ga ... index.html

:D
Whoa it is in fact made by Big Finish Games, not the closely spelled Big Fish. I wonder why it's not posted on their site.
Last year, Playfirst invited us (Big Finish) and several other developers to submit proposals for a game set on an exotic island (of our choosing). We came up with a Greek tragedy/Agatha Christie-style setting & story. Playfirst liked it and hired us to produce the game.

It took about 8 months and Playfirst paid for the development. In exchange, they have exclusive distribution rights, which is why we aren't selling it from our own website. If you'd like to buy it, it's available at playfirst.com and bigfishgames.com. If the game sells, like, a bazillion copies we'll get a royalty.

It's a pretty enjoyable game - a lite adventure/hog with a pretty good story (if I say so myself :-)) - just be aware that it was created for the casual market.

Aaron

P.S. Doing "work for hire" in the casual game market is not a good way to earn a living.
found some early reviews of the casual game players who have downloaded the game,

Whenever a demo's 60 minutes ends and I say "Oh, No"!, I know its a keeper. Only buy about one in a dozen HO's that come out and this is one of them. Storyline is VERY good! A progressive murder mystery with passable puzzles. Is it heavy on the graphics? No, but the rest of the package makes up for it. For me, graphics are a plus but not a necessity for a good Hidden Object game.

Oh Boy!! I really enjoyed this game. Something different but still in the catagory i like (adventure/mystery& creepy). Although Not creepy, there is an atmosphere of "???"(what's goin' on here?). Truly enjoyed the artwork..wonderful to see this island during our winter here..the sound effects very,very good. Wonderful story..enjoyed the videos(is that FMV?), good puzzles. Took me a bit to understand the navigation and didn't tumble on how to use the 'point to point' feature from the Map selection till late in game but that is a GREAT feature-wish it was in more games where you need to visit many locations. I have gotten many good games lately --especially seems like since Oct..(i like 'em creepy, mysterious,adventerous and so tickled there have been so many good ones from BF! keep it up!), and this is a very, very good game. In my opinion a very good buy. I downloaded and played it yesterday afternoon and finished later last night(took some breaks!)So is not a short game but like the previous poster i was sorry when it was over...i love games that have water(still crazy about Riven!)..enjoyed the sound of waves and wind. mini vacation
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I've played through the game. Spoiler below.

A slingshot distraction, a power generator, a snake trap, something of 3 to use as a reference, and pieces cut in a certain Mayan pattern? It all sounds familiar. The only things I didn't like were not being able to die, not being able to search all the suspects rooms and lack of character development. But having said that the solution was profound and it's a great game!
Wow you are fast! I'm not yet through it, and I have a full day planned tomorrow, so it looks like it might be till later in the week that I finish up. But I am liking it a lot. Also LOVE the jump feature.

slightly spoilerish
It's weird to have all of these young kids and different voices. I do miss "the guys."
well I am glad I've played pandora so I can easily put the bells in the right spot....
Lynne
It's good to see the positive remarks for this game. Thanks for the heads up, Jen!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Well I didn't get all of the tiles when I beat it. This is my goal today.
P.S. Doing "work for hire" in the casual game market is not a good way to earn a living.
Yes I've only just discovered this, and then the clients will say "hey can you add this" and what was previous a 2 week project blows out to 6 months, so there's no possible way the project will make a return, and in the end the product isn't that great anyway. I don't see the point.

The worst thing though is being a service based developer focused entirely on Iphone games- as the market is so crowded that the only way to actually profit is to have a massive gimick that gets you into all the newspapers and magazines.

In the end though, every cent I'm earning right now is going towards establishing myself as a hardcore game developer. I don't see the casual market as it is now lasting- what I see is a need to expand out and begin incorporating what we've learned from hardcore gaming over the past 20 years- because people are getting bored with whats on offer.

However with that said, seeing a live action adventure game in this day and age looks really cool- I love how clean your graphics are.
just finished the game, enjoyed it but my eyes are sore from straining on some of the objects.
A bit of tex shines through on a couple of puzzles. The ending was a nice touch also.

Good work Aaron
Lynne
Yep, just finished it myself. The map-jump icon was key, and I liked the story, very clever. Still, it was weird watching a buncha youngin's. Except, was that Doug V?

For the dollar value, it had a good amount of content and gameplay, and there were only 1 or 2 puzzles I skipped, the water pipe, and a key dial one I think.

I did enjoy it, but it didn't have the depth of character development that I'm used to from..."the guys." I chalk this up to the work for hire status.

Easily worth the 9-10 bucks.

Don't let the 3 of us be the only ones playing this bad boy.

Pony up.

:mrgreen:
well I think the pictures could have been a clearer image, that would improved the game a lot
the move from one side of the island to the other was great.
Lynne
Rats! For PC only...... :cry:
What medium did you want? X-Box?