Made My Contribution. Now What

I am a casual visitor here and enjoy the ambiance. Been hanging around since like fore evverr.

I took the plunge, became a Backer, and made a payment of dollars.

Now what?

It is always normal to feel a twinge of suspicion of a feeling of being scammed when paying online. So when does the fat guy come slip-sliden down the chimney???

Ema Nymton
~ @ : o ?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
thanks heaps for your money, its safe don't worry
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
emanymton wrote:Now what?
now wait 12 months
Thanks for being a backer!
Notmyname, thank you so much for coming by to chat, and for pledging. I trust the guys completely with my cash, and so look forward to some of the goodies that they've planned. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE, to see mockups, it might help up pledges for folks sitting on the fence.

Hugs!
emanymton wrote:.

It is always normal to feel a twinge of suspicion of a feeling of being scammed when paying online.

Yeah, so many people are worried about that. I remembered why I don't speak to my father about such things like this campaign(or other investments I've made) cause his immediate reaction is that I'm paying people who are likely thieves and liars who want to steal my money!

Frankly, it drives me a bit nuts, I'd much rather be trusting than distrusting. Of course my dad has an excuse, being an attorney all his life.
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
Welcome back, ema! I always thought yours was one of the best, most appropriate names on the board. :)
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
There are Kickstarter scammers. One scam was caught by some smart people who realized their office was fake.

But we know where Chris works. So if we don't get our incentives, there is a place for the mob to take their pitchforks and torches. :lol:

(really, don't do that folks)
Hi, thanks for supporting!

In the FAQ on Kickstarter it says:
Project Fedora is scheduled to be completed in June 2013. Once our Kickstarter ends, "Project Fedora" will begin it's 12 month production period.
However before that depending on your pledged amount:
The "Estimated Delivery" (Dec 2012) is when you will have access to most of the digital incentives ("Music of Tex Murphy" soundtrack, PDF of Comic Book,) and when most of the physical incentives (T-Shirt, Shot Glass, Novels, Director's Chair) will have been shipped to you!
Also if you pledged $15 or more to get the game you will have access to the team, so they won't disappear off the face of the earth between now and next year:
Exclusive membership to the official Big Finish Games Online Community. (Our online community will have behind the scenes updates, Sound Bytes, Music, Videos, ringtones, message boards and more. You'll also have the chance to communicate with the Big Finish creative team, participate in contests, win great prizes and more. Only available to you and other Big Finish Members.)
Also for the lulz, this is what joilet_jane has been working on (it's not finished I think, but it is fun):
http://bambam.info/stuff/notascam-test-3rd.swf
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Sai wrote: Also for the lulz, this is what joilet_jane has been working on (it's not finished I think, but it is fun):
Thanks for remembering! :)

I hope to have it done tonight. I need to redo the audio a bit.

Don't Panic.

When one puts it all together, it is quite amazing that this board exists for as long as it has, is so well run, and I somehow blundered onto it. (I think I might have made it here through the old 'Tex Murphy Ring'.)

Given the universal powers that exist to help Tex stumble his way through, why not go along for the fun. I have received much and so it was time to give back.

And who knows just where all this will all end up?

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
joliet_jane wrote:
Sai wrote: Also for the lulz, this is what joilet_jane has been working on (it's not finished I think, but it is fun):
Thanks for remembering! :)

I hope to have it done tonight. I need to redo the audio a bit.
OK, I've finished it.
http://youtu.be/iD4g530DB9g

So, that's about 1 minute long. That's pretty short. So if anyone asks again about trust with the money or making the project happen, just share this video with them.