Just donated to project Fedora

Mr. Thomas Malloy wrote:We should hunt down and prosecute each and every person who ever put a "cracked" version of a game up on a file-sharing service instead
Mr. Thomas Malloy wrote:I never thought I would hear something that would make me consider one world government, but there it is
and don`t forget to ressurect hitler then!
seriosly, not only the population of free people on the planet will be reduced greatly, but the next step in this witch hunt will be hunting down and prosecute you, Malloy, because of that "poker face" video. because, you know, lady gaga`s album sales suffers from that very much
what developers need to do, is provide good quality games faster then pirates, drm-free and cheaply, with additional goodies, that pirates will be tired to pirate, like physical stuff, exclusive forum accounts etc.
problem will be solved
While I respect your opinion, I don't share it. To me theft is theft. My video can fall under the "fair use" clause of the copyright law, as parody or satire. (as terrible as it is.)

Ripping off an entire game as it is, simply cannot be condoned no matter how you look at it. Even the "the game has DRM, so I decided to pirate it" argument still means you decided to steal it, regardless of the reason. However, I've watched piracy hurt many of my favorite game studios, and I just feel strongly on it. Not strongly enough to advocate the resurrection of Hitler though. (I failed to see how that relates, but okay.)

You know who I advocate the prosecution of? Anybody on Pirate Bay with a skull and cross bones on their name. Not joe blow who uploads a family video with a song on it. There is a major difference on who I'd go after, believe me it wouldn't be just a sweeping condemnation.
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
let this comic speak for myself!
Mr. Thomas Malloy wrote:Personally, I've never understood DRM anyway. The entire reason its put on a game is to make it hard for someone to steal it. Yet no matter what you do to a game to secure it, it will be cracked and broken, and you'll end up making the people who pay for the game jump through more hoops then the people who actually pirate it. Why do that, when the pirates are going to get it no matter what? You're just making your paying customers jump through hoops needlessly.

Diablo 3 makes you sign onto a server, this, that and the other to play its game, and you actually have to be online to play it ... unless you pirate it, in which case you can play it offline with the hacks the crackers made to it. Should have just made it that way to begin with.

And you can say that "well the pirates won't have access to the dlc, or other goodies given away to the purchasers", but that isn't true either. Everytime a DLC is released, no matter how small, pirates find a way to incorporate it into their original crack. Every time. I remember when Assassin's creed 2 came out and it was suppose to stop pirates dead in their tracks. And it did ... for about 5 days. At the cost of what?

I just don't think DRM makes much sense. We shouldn't make the games harder to pirate. We should hunt down and prosecute each and every person who ever put a "cracked" version of a game up on a file-sharing service instead. It is, after all, against the law. Don't attack the end-user too.
Don't use diablo 3 in the example they have everything online at blizzard so there is no data if you crack it. Which means they need to make an emulator to do items/monsters/ai/level creation. Which is gonna take them years to emulate just like WOW did and it wont be the same as the real game. Which gives another advantage on diablo 3 that item duping is allot harder what was a mayor problem on diablo 2. Yes people that want single player game didn't like it but everyone that wanted to play multi will like it allot more when your items don't get duped and make it worthless.

On assassin creed and other DRM where the game hasn't got anything online but just the authentication that you have it legal I agree that there is no point for that and is just bad for the paying customers.