BETA! Rolling out.

Jen wrote:
GarySogar wrote:After downloading the game twice, installing DirectX version 9.0c, and restarting my Windows 8 Lenovo laptop, the game will not launch. Just a blank, black screen. AAAAARRRRRRGH!!!!
That's how it started for me, but I went to my video card maker's web site and downloaded the latest drivers. Ping! That worked.
Unfortunately, I just have the on-board Intel chip set for my video driver, and it has the current driver version. Good try, though.
Never too late for coffee, never too early for beer.
I'm going to have to wait for the final release and maybe then the Mac version. I wasn't planning on actually playing the beta anyway but I did want to run it to see the intro of the beta bit. That just runs so slowly on a Macbook Pro I bought just before Christmas (with Windows XP in Parallels 8) that its unplayable.

I really really hope we don't see the return of the problems we had on Overseer - with it only working if your machinery has very specific hardware. That would be horrendous.
David
Keep in mind this is still the beta phase (even if the beta people received is more like a demo). There are going to be problems and bugs. I'm sure this won't be a repeat of Overseer. The good thing about this beta is that they're being given an opportunity to see how it runs on different people's computers. That should help a lot.
the problems with overseer were the decoder software we don't have this problem with tesla effect
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I'm a day late due to working on my own game atm (that and I just picked up Unreal 4 Engine lol been an absolute blast playing around with it), but should be free to give this a full QA tonight.

Glad to see their bug submissions process is up and running, also open to design critiques as well (which is a first.. but I expect that given you know... we paid a lot for that privilege lol)

This is the bit that I feel is the best part of the kickstarter process, now I'm starting to see some real returns from my investment.

VERY EXCITED!
windows 8 direct x download for the black screen - this works

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
Lynne
Last edited by joliet_jane on March 25, 2014 • 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agggh, this is going to be a busy week for me. I'll get the beta as soon as I'm able.
plumgas wrote:windows 8 direct x download for the black screen - this works

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
Yes, installing DirectX 9.0c solved my problem too. HINT: don't forget to run the installation exe after you download (Gary says, embarassed). :oops:
Never too late for coffee, never too early for beer.
I just ran the Beta on my MacBook Pro in Parallels with a basic Windows 7 installation...ran beautifully, so definitely an option for those of you who are Mac users...

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
I was a big enough backer... but no e-mail from GoG. Is anyone else in the same boat?

EDIT: Nevermind- I found the invite in my junk folder. *phew*
Gur, Gur bëhet mur.
yes you better add big finish to your allowed emails otherwise its goes to junk
Lynne
Thanks, Plum. Is there a chat somewhere? I saw it on Steam.
Gur, Gur bëhet mur.
no not really, face book, big finish games
Lynne
Thanks Bjorn. I worked it out - the game set the default screen resolution way too high and that drained the ability for it to work. I lowered the screen resolution in options and it then worked fine.
David