My daughter is competing in an ice skating competition

September 6th. We've been working on her costume in between her coaching sessions with a fine young lady named Dana. My daughter is only skating at level 7 basic skills, which means she isn't doing those incredibly difficult spins and leaps. She is, however, doing so nicely with what she CAN do and it's just beautiful to watch her practice in her full costume. THIS is what makes me smile the most lately. The beauty of this? Her performance is only a minute long, but she absolutely sparkles when she's doing it and her confidence is heartwarming. I hope to see it branch to other abilities. My goal? See her continue skating for a while so, as an adult, she can look back at her childhood and be satisfied about her developed skills and how it helped to grow in so many ways. Equally, I hope she wants to continue because she enjoys it. I won't force her to do anything she comes to despise; I am not mommy dearest. (But man, I think there are alot of those type parents within small niche sporting like ice skating.)

I'm including the link to the full minute piece of music she using for her performance, please, if you have a moment, give it a listen. It's quite an exciting piece for her (she's doing dramatic performance for basic skills). Maybe give me a comment on your thoughts for it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diapcRxAbZM

If all goes well for her, we'll have an opportunity to participate in another local event. We really, really, hope she'll have a longer time limit to work with because we've already decided that some of the Tesla Effect music is perfect for a short performance. *fingers crossed, Steve & Bobby. :) *

For anyone contemplating ice skating comps, um.. check that fine print! Almost all of it requires club membership on some level (read, you are our slave, b*tch) and a whooollle lot of money. This particular event my daughter is allowed to perform is local, has minimal costs beyond what we want to put into costume and reasonably cheap. I think we're spending about $300 between coaching lessons, event fees, and costume creation. I saw an estimation for an event club members have to attend in Maryland (we're in Southern Indiana) for well over $1300. That's the estimation lowball, folks. Sick, isn't it?
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
No comments on the music?
For being new at this, she did very, very well!
First place?! That's impressive. Good for her; she must be over the moon.