I had no idea that Steamworld Dig was so addictive.

I soooo cannot wait to show this to my kids. My son will love the cowboy music/sound bits.

This new pc that neighbor Dan fixed up now has, like 15 games to play on. Tesla takes top run, but I perused through a few others and... Good grief!.. Steamworld is waaaayyyyyy addictive.

Almost forgot to add, the video card isn't strong enough to play Tesla Effect at max. So he's going to get me a price for another one that will. After waiting for so long, I'm going to insist that I get maximum video quality.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
Fortunately, that won't take a really top end video card. Now, if BFG does release a "Director's Cut" with full native resolution, that could be another story altogether. Mind you, in that case, the PC won't cut it either.
Chandler wrote:Fortunately, that won't take a really top end video card. Now, if BFG does release a "Director's Cut" with full native resolution, that could be another story altogether. Mind you, in that case, the PC won't cut it either.
LOL! That's ok. I don't know if I would want to buy one that could take ..how many terabytes was it?!
Well, the game is 16GB as is. A full rez version would be at least double that, but more likely 4 times, so 64GB.

Just had a look at the SteamWorld Dig promo video. Seems like you're maybe spending too much time with the kids - it's rubbing off ;) It actually reminds me of some other games, kinda like a mashup of Lemmings and the original Duke Nukem side-scroller, along with a healthy dose of the movie Rango.
Yep, it's a time stealer game.
Can it be played on a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet?
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Jim the old guy wrote:Can it be played on a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet?
I have no idea, Jim. I got it for next to nothing on Gog.com My guess, is that it's a pretty simple game and should be available in other formats.

I was looking at the credits scroll for the game, and I think it was created by a Swedish group. Fun game, though the robot language is not nearly as lyrical as the Swedish language sounds.

Maybe Fred could chime in on this; He's from Norway and may be familiar with the name of the game designers.
I seem to recall Android being mentioned on their web site.
Thanks for the info. It seems like a fun game.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Now on Humble Bundle too!
Gur, Gur bëhet mur.
My neighbour across the street plays Candy Crush Mountain on an iPad - he's 67! :roll:
See, this is why I posted asking people questions, like what do we do that doesn't seem in our character (as is perceived by those here that read our comments). So we can see how different and alike we really are. It also stirs up interesting threads to follow. I like to read the threads here and get to know you all just a bit.

In real time, I usually do not talk much. But I LOVE to sing with my favorite music when no one is around. And to my kids occasionally.