Just a music idea... Old tunes revisited?

I was wondering if there was any interest in redoing songs from the older blippety midi days with a modern synth soound-- I have some [pretty state of the art virtual instrument programs that could render a majority of them to sounding quite modern-- Figured id post to see if anyone would be interested-- I wouldnt mind seeing what i can do-- It may sound alot different because the instruments would be a bit diff in the arrangements but should be fun-- I could try if theres enough interest-- Could make it with industrial techy style stuff, full orchestra even electric guitars-- the jazz stuff may prove tricky. Peace!
THAT sounds like one heck of an idea to persue. I'll bet BFG would appreciate that.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
Right on. I'm thinking if someone suggested a specific theme from the earlier games, i could get hacking on an example and link you guys from soundcloud. It is pretty extensive work but fun. Maybe if i get a bit more interest. Who knows, maybe a Tex Murphy Revisited soundtrack would assist in funding future projects?
Furthermore... Im havin a tough time finding any midi files from other than the ones posted here on the site in 2013 in the audio section. Any help would greatly assist.
Almost all my old games are buriedin boxes in my garage. :( I've tried to get them out and organize a small place in my home, but kid stuff has taken over my home... If I can get to them, I'll see if I can help you out. I have to warn you, I'm not good at finding technical stuff and I have no clue about storage places online. I could email them, but that's about it.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
That would be awesome if you could, Silvermitts! I only have ap file format in the games so have no clue how the originator did it. Never the less, i sent him an email, hoping for a response. Theres something about older midi files thats alot easier to render musically for some reason so i hope its possible. I heard that you can convert a midi file to whats called ap format or APE(monkey) format, sorta like makin an mp3 froma wav BUT you get less sound quality lost. Not alot of ppl know that wav files and flac files are far greater sound quality than mp3--- just that mp3 allows for less space being that its a supercompressed format. Cheers!
This has already been done a few times, see below:

http://mattyler.provisionaustralia.com. ... undtracks/

In particular you want to check out the first section "New Orchestrated Versions". This was done using the EWQL Symphonic Instrument Libraries.

Below that list are earlier remastered versions with various other orchestral and virtual soft synth setups, and was first remastered using this method back in 2003, with various revisions since then.

That said, feel free to go for it if you want to give it a shot yourself! Can never have too much Tex.

-Cub. =o)
Right on, cube-- Well, imo, not to step on anyones toes, but the files redone back in those days is a bit dated and kinda bland mixwise-- I use 8dio, symphobia and heaviocity style stuff, can even put electric guitars and stuff like that in that are pretty unique sounding-- I can try to upload one within the week to soundcloud and share the "secret" link(hears woooo in background)-- From there you guys could perhaps give me an inkling of if it's persuable or not. Either way-- Keep Rockin!