Romance at it's best :)

So, I'm wondering what you all think about a little plan I'm concocting for the end of February. There is a local charity group having a fundraising masquerade event. And I'm considering buying two tickets for my husband and I. He has to work that day, but he agreed to go.

I wanted to make it interesting and told him to not get home until after I left. I have a beautiful elegant mask and dress he hasn't ever seen (I promised my daughter she could help me buy shoes. I haven't seen her eyes light up like that for a while!). I thought it would be romantic if he had to "find" me in the crowd.

We don't do things like this much. My plans for much of last years opportunities, including New Year's, were a bust.

What do you think?
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
What a great idea! I think it's romantic.
Great idea, as long as he gets to tear the dress off at the end of the evening. 'Course, I presume that's the plan anyway :wink:
Chandler wrote:Great idea, as long as he gets to tear the dress off at the end of the evening. 'Course, I presume that's the plan anyway :wink:

LOL! If he did, he'd -- ok, well I'm not gonna turn that down. But it IS a Fredricks of Hollywood dress made circa pre-trashiness that abound nowadays. (I tried to look it up so I could post a picture, but there aren't any online of it.) Guess that makes it a bit of a one of kind now. He can unlace it though, it goes from hip to upper back :)
Jgreer, I got the tickets this past Saturday for the masquerade!

When I finally get everything together, I'm going to run a couple of choices by my kids to get their opinion. I've got the pink above described dress, and I found a gorgeous black velvet floor length at a high-end consignment shop. With a bit of tinkering to the upper part of the black dress, I can turn it into strapless. I've got a multistrand pearl necklace that goes on like a choker but is wide and lies down on my shoulders. It really can't be worn unless the dress is strapless as it's just too much for any other type of dress. I think they'd look really good together. So, I'll need to put it all together and get my kids to help me figure which is the better choice.

Maybe after the event, if I can find a way to post a picture of Tanner and I, I'll put it here for you. But I reallllllllyyyy suck at posting images.