New Sherlock Holmes game is available for purchase!

Last edited by Alexander on June 12, 2016 • 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Well, read the link: http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthr ... 99s#UNREAD
Release date: 10th June 2016. Here game website: http://sherlockholmes-games.com/
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Last edited by Alexander on June 12, 2016 • 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The game is available for pre-order. Go ahead, buy the game and solve challenging cases with Great Detective! (after Tex, of course) 8)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/350640
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Maybe when the price comes down.
Game is ready for purchase!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/350640/
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
high PC specs for this one and bloody hard game, not a classic sherlock holmes. This is one game I am not sure if I will get to the very end.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Really? That's interesting. It's not often you here of a game that is so difficult. I wonder why the developers would do that. I would expect it will affect sales negatively.
well I will give a quick run down of the game *************spoilers

case 1 you have to run through this forest darting bullets, you have rocks and trees to hide behind that you seem to get shot any way, then a swamp that you drown if you don't walk on the the right path which is only seen by using the special key.
case 2 you have dart flying flaming arrows and then you this indiana jones style running through
the temple ruins with moving floors which you fall down or poisoned gas. then you have a huge boulder that you have to escape from similar to tesla effect with the fire balls but once you let the boulder pass there is another one coming the other way. Luckily there is a skip key on the temple scenes.

its just not your typical sherlock holmes game. you can use arrow keys and also wds keys but there are parts in the game where the arrow keys don't work and there is no indication in the game to use a special key. I spend a few hours replaying an episode thinking I hadn't completed a step only to find I had use the "w" to do the task.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Oooh, that doesn't sound good. I'm not a fan of quick time event games. I thought this was an adventure game. Doesn't sound like it is.

Thanks for the heads-up. I think I will pass on this one.
Chandler, like you I'm not that fond of action games. I prefer a relaxing thoughtful kind of game where you can cruise around and explore the environment and solve puzzles.

I've recently played two rather appealing games - JULIA Among the Stars and Goetia, which both had challenging and unusual puzzles to solve and were out of the ordinary in terms of setting and plot.

JULIA is a science fiction adventure, whereas in Goetia you play a ghost roaming around a mansion looking for clues as to why she is a ghost and what happened to her family.

JULIA is available on GOG, but Goetia is only on Steam.
Julia sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for the description of it!
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
I'll buy JULIA.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Currently downloading J.U.L.I.A. from GoG :D
Chandler, do let uus know your thoughts on this one? It certainly sounds interesting!
Well, we started playing J.U.L.I.A. last night. I have to say, it is not quite what I was expecting.

Without spoiling anything, I can tell you that it's more or less a 2D click-and-point adventure game. There is a lot of text to read, and you interact with a computer avatar and a robot.

It's a little surprising that it doesn't have a 3D environment, especially considering that the game isn't all that old (October 2014). All the text, the artwork style, and the 2D environment give the game a feeling of being quite a few years older than it is.

It's not a bad game, but it will never be one of my faves either.
Sounds like it was made to feel like a bit of a retro game? Much as I love those, I do like the 3d artistry on games.