tex fans unite!

litlkeck wrote: I'd say I'd be there with bells on, but after what happened that last time I wore bells somewhere, I shouldn't promise that anymore. So, I'll probably be able to go, without the bells, at a time next year.
Hey, guys, doesn't this sound just like something Tex Murphy would say? Bless you for channeling our beloved P.I.!
Jerry Dan wrote:
litlkeck wrote: I'd say I'd be there with bells on, but after what happened that last time I wore bells somewhere, I shouldn't promise that anymore. So, I'll probably be able to go, without the bells, at a time next year.
Hey, guys, doesn't this sound just like something Tex Murphy would say? Bless you for channeling our beloved P.I.!
:lol: You know I was going to say the same thing!

I think it is fairly evident that a lot of the Murphy humour has rubbed off on us all.

Well, even though I probably won't be able to make it, the Tex murphy summit is looking good. Fingers crossed for everyone.

-Cub. =o)
I just went to StarCon in Denver and watched a documentary about the fans of the sci fi series "Firefly" (that later went on to be a major motion picture called "Serenity").

It was inspiring to us and this project. Basically the fans of a cancelled tv series that only had 10 aired episodes rallied together with online communication, projects, and even raised money themselves to help bring back their favorite show to the silver screen.

It wasn't just about a tv series, either. It was about rallying against the network they thought too often played to the lowest common denominator. They wanted to make themselves heard that sometimes audiences prefer thought-provoking and interesting ideas, too.

That sounded a little like us... We lost Tex partially because Microsoft wanted to buy Access for the cute golf games, and thought Tex had no appeal because "it wasn't violent enough."

It sounds like a good enough place to make a stand. The fun thing about capitalism is that our vote is our money, and those here on the board have contributed through buying Tex games and memorabilia. The fun thing about this convention is that it tells Microsoft "We have money and we want more Tex!"

Just a few thoughts... The documentary's called "Done the Impossible" if anyone's interested in checking it out. The guy who made it is from Salt Lake, incidently...
Luckily, it's no longer Microsoft that we have to convince! :)
Microsoft couldn't be convinced they needed to wear pants to work if they thought otherwise.

I would really love to attend, but... It's not looking too good financial-wise for my part, so I guess if you're gonna have a meeting, put up a computer with a webcam, I'll partake in spirit. Ghost in the machine, so to speak :D

Or, if I get my hands on a lot of cash, I'll just grab a planeticket. Whatever happens first, really :)

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Fred Buer wrote:Microsoft couldn't be convinced they needed to wear pants to work if they thought otherwise.
Who thinks you need to wear a pant to work? uh? :?
I work naked :D

For conventions, it sux cause we're like hmmm... say maybe 20 and we're all around the world so... there will like 2 or 3 three people in the convention. :D
Wow. Gonna be cool.

I rather propose we organize an orgy. They're will probably be more people doing the trip to the... hmmm... convention about sex, errrr, tex, sorry.

I found a tutorial here. :D
Thus spake Zarathustra
Sounds like everyone is shooting for March 2007. Just my luck -- I just found out I'll be in Salt Lake City during the first week of October (this year).
-------------------------------------
Mike
Old SanFrancisco
http://www.rrdevelopments.com/tex
http://www.rrdevelopments.com/mike
Jim the old guy wrote:Ah yes, sacrafices. *sigh*

While San Francisco is the obvious choice, I think it would be in the best interests of CJ and AC if we met in Salt Lake City. 2 cents worth from TOG.
I'm on the east coast- I don't think I'll be travelling out for it.
Elie Hirschman - Voiceover Talent
http://www.eliehirschman.com
Back from a long (8 months) Internet absence, I read this fabulous idea!

Valynis, from Quebec, Canada, is in!

2 things to ponder:

1- Most of us are pretty much adults by now. By our age and by the experience I have of this board, I'm sure that, as fan crowd goes, we must be among the most disciplined. The Access Guys should be made aware of that fact, as that might help keeping the pressure off. (Sure, I know I'm gonna have a fanboy moment the second I see Chris Jones in person -- I mean, come on... -- but I think I can be trusted to keep it under control.)

(I think.)

2- A major draw for me would be to meet the rest of you guys with which I've been discussing Tex and other subjects for the last 8 years. Just that, as far as I'm concerned, is worth the trip to Salt Lake City, UT. For my part, the mini-convention-within-a-convention concept, while being a clever idea, is not necessary.

(Breathing deeply)

Ahhhhh... Good to be back.
Great to see you posting again, Val. Missed you a lot.

And I agree with both points.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Wow Val,

You're late....

:lol:

But we won't hold that against you, at least you're here now.

Last time I heard, our incentive for coming to a Tex Murphy summit was the promise that Jim was going to walk into the Microsoft offices without any pants (at least that's what I read when I skimmed through the posts reading every 18th word).

Although, the last guy that tried to enter Microsoft Office ended up being reformatted in a shower of bullet points... tragic. I guess Gates was not really open to visitors at that time.

-Cub. =o)
I don't remember making that assertion, but, far be from me to argue with the Cubster.

Anybody have some extra memory recall pills?
I don't remember making that assertion, but, far be from me to argue with the Cubster.

Anybody have some extra memory recall pills?

Did I already post this message?
This probebly is not the spot, but oh well it just hit me mr bill gates is going to do only charety work right. Well here is a good cheraty: Make new tex games come to live for all us tex junkies.

I mean he just also got a check for like 25 biljon dollars fronm another ritch dude to do charety work HELLO we are in dire need of some charety right here bill .

i hope it was reaeble but its late and realy hot here cya all my friends
Live is too short to waste it make sure its with the one u love !
MAIL : [email protected]
Salve!
Hello :-) from Italy,
i'm new here but I'm a huge fan...