UAKM on XP Pro, this worked for me...

hey guys, I just wanted to share a little page I made, maybe it can help somebody else to make UAKM work... we never know, I hope so !

http://www.exist-online.com/dailleurs/uakm.htm
"It was never going to be a normal sort of life because I don't think I am a normal sort of person." -- Annie Lennox
En français, oui! La même chose, seulement plus sexy!

-Cub. =o)
LOL Cubase Image
"It was never going to be a normal sort of life because I don't think I am a normal sort of person." -- Annie Lennox
Thanks for the guide. Your instructions were nice and easy to follow. I haven't played UAKM for a long long time and I think last time I tried I kept having sound and video problems and probably gave up to play Pandora Directive instead. But now I'm playing UAKM and the sound and video is fine. Moving around is pretty slow but better than nothing :)
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Glad it could help Sai -- re: slow moving, how did you configure the image quality ? it was also slow for me so I tried to set Dosbox on fullscreen + the game graphics on middle quality and it was much better afterwards... maybe you can give it a try ?
I already had it on full-screen but I hadn't tried lowering the image/rendering quality. I just set it to Medium and I can walk much smoother now. Thanks again mand :)
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
i've done everying and i can get the game to open, but the video is all choppy, i've tried the rendering quality at every setting. waht can i do
I I have a system a little less powerful than yours Rusty, mine is Anthlon xp2700 and 1gig of 3200 ram, same Vid card 9600xt. My Video runs pretty well. I did noticed that the game ran very slowly and choppy when I entered fullscreen mode right when I started. I found that it was best to start in a window and wait for the intro movie to stop and when the console cameup that is when I entered fullscreen. Perhaps that may help.
Best Regards,
KvE
Ashkii
Politics is like a corral. No matter where you are you will always be shoveling it.
I managed to install everything properly, and all of the drives show up as being mounted correctly, but when i try to start the game, i am continually prompted to insert the CD #2 into Drive F: (I've used different drive letters too, and configured them accordingly, with the same result). I've tried this on the new version of DOSBox, along with the older .62 version. Is there another version i should try? To the best of my knowledge I have followed the directions correctly :?

AlthonXP 3200+ (2.20 GHz)
1 Gb PC3200 ram
160 Gb SATA HD (w/ plenty of room left for mounting the CDs)
Radeon 9700 Pro
WinXP SP2

Edit: I abandoned the DOSBox attempt and used Greg's Files with VDMS and things seem to be running smoothly!