Time for Dead Time

Hey guys & gals,

I haven't checked in for a long time (much too long), so I thought I'd give you an update from our end of things.

Dead Time is coming together slowly but slowly. The hardest part of being, essentially, a start-up is that there's no "second string". If people don't get their work done (or, just as bad, if they're no good at estimating how long it will take them to do the work), it can delay the whole project and you have no recourse. Everyone's working diligently to get the game finished, but it could (and should) have been done already.

Ah, well. I guess I got me a case of the Ol' Developer Blues. The important thing is that the game is almost done. I reckon a couple weeks of testing and we should be good to go. I'm very hopeful for a Dec. 15 release, but stay tuned for updates.

We have a couple other projects in the works as well, though none I can go into detail about at the moment. As always, you guys will be the first to know when things are official.

Hope everyone (at least stateside) had a wonderful Thanksgiving. There really are so many things to be thankful for.

Aaron
Sounds good... No need to apologize... Most gamers know all to well about setbacks and how programing takes time... Just keep up the good work... We'll be here to support you...

Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I've been fit to bust to know what's going on! But we understand: games running late is the rule rather than the exception. I appreciate your letting us know what's happening.
I second, or maybe third that notion JD.
It's funny, I've been thinking a lot about the new game for the last few days. Awhile back I started a FF on 3 Cards, and actually posted the start on the Big Finish message board. It didn't seen to gather any interest, so I let it peter out. The crazy thing is, it won't go away. I moved onto other diversions, but every time I went for a long drive (solo), the story kept intruding into my brain. I have it all inside my head, just about thought through, but I was lagging on actually putting fingers to keyboard.

So, I wonder if I can spit it all out before Christmas? I think I might give it the old college try. I'm posting what I've got finished right now, and we'll see if the muse will help me finish it up.

Maybe it will be a small amusement while we wait for your team to wrap it up.

And Happy Holidays to you all!!

Jen

PS I agree Aaron, I have much to be thankful for. :D

edit for linky

http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... f=1&t=2646
Hey Aaron. Thanks for keeping us informed about whats going on. I also understand that all projects have their setbacks. I'll eagerly await the arrival of the game as always. Glad to hear you had a good holiday because I did too. Thanks as always! Later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
A quick check-in: The game is fully playable and looks FANTASTIC! I can't wait to share it with you all. I'll keep you posted.

P.S. Jen, you're one of the things I'm thankful for!

P.S.S. The rest of you are OK, too. ;-)
Awesome... I look forward to it being posted for download...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

On the edge of my seat!
It is nice to see your post here after long time, thanks for that.
I am realist so I expect small delay (as 3CM) but very important information for me is that it is realy on the way. So it is right time to finally buy 3CM (I expect some free time during Christmas time) and than continue with 3CDT.
Looking forward to playing it
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
any news yet
Lynne
I'm thinking it is going to be a Christmas Present or a Very Happy New Year...

aaron said he was hoping for release for today 15th, looks like this didn't happen.
Lynne