Attention! Attention!

It's sunday...I have my beloved University of Kentucky Wildcats advancing to the sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament...and I'm finding myself not caring about their game next weekend, but instead, looking forward to tuesday.

I don't know what the news is, and it doesn't really matter at this point. It's "Tex" related, and it's Chris Jones making the announcement, so I'm thrilled just for that.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
countdown: 2 days to go
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
adninsreaction wrote:It's sunday...I have my beloved University of Kentucky Wildcats advancing to the sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament...and I'm finding myself not caring about their game next weekend, but instead, looking forward to tuesday.
C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS!
Hijack free thread please. It has been and will be a nerve-wracking couple of days. :?
WOOOOOOOO... One day to go.
O.o

Haven't been in here for ages. But I felt a tingle... :o

Can't wait!
an Israeli site just published that a new Tex Murphy game is planned, and even included a recent photo with Tex posing in front of a green screen (bottom). It looks like the real deal - http://www.games.co.il/article6597.html

Also mentioned in the article that the project will be funded through Kickstarter, as Tim Schafer did recently.

I am SOOOOO backing this project if it's real. YAY! :D
That pic is definitely legit. Definitely a few changes since 1998, but still good to see him back in action. Hope they don't recast everybody though. I'd rather see them add to the Chandler Avenue regulars than replace or take away.

Hammerhead
Hey, it's our old friend Ross the Roswell Alien in the background! Good to see him out and about after looking so under the weather in that 16mm footage during Pandora... :lol:
Wow Fusebox nice catch!!!! Anyone able to do a translation?
I found the translation by Google quite readable:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... e6597.html

Still, we don't know how much speculation was put into this article. We'll know in less then 2 days, I hope. :)
Woohoo! This news is so awesome!! Couldn't believe it, when I read it on Adventure-Treff :D
I followed this board for a looong time, but for whatever reason never got around to register. But I think this great news is reason enough to finally join the Tex Murphy family. So first of all: Hello guys! Tex Murphy-Fan from Germany here ;)
Is Kickstarter what everyone is assuming here?

I wasn't sure Tex would have the juice to pull off a campaign like this. Double Fine/Tim Schafer is a much bigger brand. But now, if you look at how well Wasteland 2 is doing, it seems like the bar isn't so high. Tex may have been gone for a long time, but surely he's better known/remembered than Wasteland.
Anyone else hoping for a theme breakfast cereal over anything else?
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
damn i so can't wait, it has been way too long a wait, finally one of my dreams may be coming true