Let's help the guys out! Video Texamonials HERE!!!

Hope I'm not too off topic here. I'm currently replaying Overseer right now, which I haven't played in years. (I suppose I would be considered one of those silly "casual" gamers.) I do love the abundance of video in Overseer, and I agree with James that you really do get to know and love Tex in this game. (I just got to the J. Saint Gideon scene yesterday, and man, Michael York really took the acting to another level.) I didn't really remember it was lacking in game play so much, but it is noticeable as I am re-playing it. Again, I'm not a hardcore gamer, so I probably overlooked it back then. I do appreciate the fly-in/fly-out interfaces more than Pandora's interface. And walking through things is much easier. One thing that I've noticed that seems to be missing from Overseer is the great interlude music from Pandora. I always loved how the background music played endlessly while you were looking around for things in Pandora. (Believe me, I heard that music a lot because I was pretty lost trying to figure stuff out sometimes!) I hope there will be enough in the budget for a good soundtrack.

Lastly, I forget to mention earlier how awesome it is that James has kept this website going for so long. I've mostly been a lurker in the past. And I didn't really feel like I had anything worthwhile to post since I am not a huge gamer. But I do love Tex, and I will do everything I can to help bring him back.

And dammit; I better get my textimonial done before May 15th! :oops:
Cathy
well James I feel all warmy & fuzzy in side after watching your video, it was done so well.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Leisure Suit Larry made their goal of $500,000. And as of today 5:15pm Eastern they are at $607,083+ (19 hours left to pledge.) What does everyone think a realistic goal for Tex should be? $500K? $300K? $250K? I'm sure Chris and Aaron are thinking long and hard about the goal they should set. I wonder how much they really need to make the game what they want it to be.
Cathy
Tough one. Will Tex pull like Larry or like Jane Jensen or Banner Saga? Although it looks like Jane will pull through, 48 k to go (16% in 17 days). Only Chris has the best idea of knowing the actual costs. I do hope they reach their goal early, and smash through the ceiling!

:D
have to aim low I think so we have a chance of getting the money
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I see two goals. Big Finish's Kickstarter goal and the real goal it would take to make the game. It may be in their advantage to low ball on Kickstarter so they will at least satisfy Kickstarter's all or nothing requirement. Everything I've heard suggests that the game will have live actors. I don't know what production costs are and if they have decreased during the years, like the cost to map a genome, but for a true Tex game I would say 3 million dollars is needed. With that consideration I don't think a "short" 30 day campaign would be realistic.
James, are you get yourself dubbed?
my voice just wrote:James, are you get yourself dubbed?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but, no I wasn't dubbed in my video if that's what you mean...
you got it right. i noticed some mistiming between your lips and voice, but... maybe my eyes are just too fast. or i need to stop watching your lips too attentively
great video though. [one of] the best so far
A kickstarter employee linked the Hitler video on his site.

Spread the news my boy, spread!
Part-Time Nomad
Finally attempting to cobble together my Tex-timonial this weekend! Can anyone direct me to some audio (wav/mp3) files with some funny Tex quotes/Texisms? My Google search is not bringing up anything, and it doesn't appear there are separate sound files with my GOG games. I've got the few that were in the download section here. Appreciate it!
Cathy
Hi redcat. Since there are a various full playthroughs of Tex Murphy on Youtube if there is a particular quote or scene you wish to capture you could try ripping from there.

In the past I have used the Firefox plugin Freecorder for grabbing audio clips from Youtube videos etc.
http://applian.com/freecorder4/

For quickly grabbing the entire audio from a video to edit in some audio software you can use something like Easy Youtube Downloader for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... wnl-10137/

There might be similar options for other browsers.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Thanks Sai. I will try that Firefox plug-in. I'd never had the need before, so I didn't know there was such a thing.

BTW, the Wanda and Tex Facebook ad has gotten more clicks (48) than Tex and the Moon so far. I guess that theory about having a woman in your ad has a little truth to it. Good thing I have Chelsee in my next two ads. Your pics make them look very professional.
Cathy
redcat72 wrote:BTW, the Wanda and Tex Facebook ad has gotten more clicks (48) than Tex and the Moon so far. I guess that theory about having a woman in your ad has a little truth to it. Good thing I have Chelsee in my next two ads. Your pics make them look very professional.
Great to hear :) Thanks for the kind words too!
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Yeah, they all looked really good! :)