"Tex Murphy - Project Fedora" is now live on Kickstarter.

The cheating continues! 93%!
Part-Time Nomad
Maybe we can get the 450.000 today?
This is truly blowing my mind! Brilliant move CJ and AC. Brilliant.
Now, I hope I can afford a ticket to Salt Lake! :shock:
Cathy
Chris Jones & Aaron Conners 6 minutes ago: @newguru... we might be having heart attacks by the end of this evening.

Chris Jones & Aaron Conners 5 minutes ago: F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
redcat72 wrote:New update!!!!
I need an mp3 file of Chris mentioning the Fedora Femme Fatales stat!!
Speaking of which, where what who, does someone have an explanation about kickstarter groups and how to join them?
Kristin
"It's a three-sixty! *CRUNCH*....He's fouled..."
azalea_k wrote:Speaking of which, where what who, does someone have an explanation about kickstarter groups and how to join them?
They're not actually official to Kickstarter, they're just made up by fans to put as a fake signature (by copy-pasting it after their Kickstarter comments). So long as you fullfill the critieria you're a member.
Congratulations to all TM fans worldwide for supporting Kickstarter "Project Fedora" campaign!:D

We fans from all over the planet have accomplish our goal while we still got 9 days to go, and we may hit pass the $500,000+ mark. I think having that extra $50,000+ or more would add more improvement to the "Project Fedora" game. Thank you all.
Ryan
No access to Kickstrater from here. The gvt IT teams seems to believe it's an auction site. Can someone send my regards to everyone on the comments page, pretty please?
Part-Time Nomad
Great blooper reel in the latest update :)
Reminds me of their (I assume) tongie-in-cheek answer on the Reddit AMA:
Promise to put in $#it loads of outtakes and blooper in the credits section or otherwise available!!! Those were awesome! :)
BigFinishOfficial: OK, but we have so few....
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - Day 5 (Continued) LIVE STREAM:
http://www.twitch.tv/sbenrap
Dustin O - Member, Mutant League 20 minutes ago
WOW! Just confirmed, most of the art and video assets may be available as well. Once again, we'll see what works out on the C&A side of things but this be the start of something amazing!
So what does this whole "Source Code" thing mean??
I, for one, have no idea. Can someone explain it to a layman?
Cathy
redcat72 wrote:
Dustin O - Member, Mutant League 20 minutes ago
WOW! Just confirmed, most of the art and video assets may be available as well. Once again, we'll see what works out on the C&A side of things but this be the start of something amazing!
So what does this whole "Source Code" thing mean??
I, for one, have no idea. Can someone explain it to a layman?
Source code = the programming for the game. Think of it like the wireframe or blueprint of a machine. If you lose the blueprints / source code its very difficult to do much with it beyond continue to sell it as is with no possibility to edit it at all.

Apparently the makers of Toy Story 2 lost their source files too at one point, they couldn't even edit Woody's hat without it. Recreating that would of been a LOT of work. But luckily someone had a backup by chance at home. Similar thing with Tex Murphy they lost the source code a long time ago and a programmer who used to work for Access happens to have it at home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... L_g0tyaIeE

Up until now people had been asking them if they had the source code to the old games so they can port them to other platforms and distribute them to a wider audience than just the Good Old Games website. Or they might be able to update them to run better on newer systems (e.g. maybe Overseer DVD version could get bug fixed to run better?). Also some would like a HD remake, I don't know if that will be possible. but since some old films have gotten a HD upgrade recently I suppose if you have the video source and art assets theres things you can do with it.

I would wait to hear from Chris and Aaron though before making any conclusions as Dustin O said. There could be unforseen difficulties still or integral things missing still. Still if it is possible they could hopefully make more money from re-selling the older games in different ways to help fund more Tex Murphy in future.
Thanks for the explanation Sai! I would imagine all of their efforts would/should be focused on Project Fedora before messing around with the old games. But still great news for some possible future re-releases (provided they have what they need to work with.)
Cathy
redcat72 wrote:Thanks for the explanation Sai! I would imagine all of their efforts would/should be focused on Project Fedora before messing around with the old games. But still great news for some possible future re-releases (provided they have what they need to work with.)
Yeah I doubt they'll factor it into reward tiers or anything like that with the limited time left. They stated distribution of the new game Project Fedora is off the radar for them, as they are just focused on getting the game funded and made. So thinking about distribution of other games is likely off the radar too. But if it works out could be great for some other future funding opportunities.
Since Blair seems to be sleeping I am continuing my live stream!

Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - Day 7 LIVE STREAM:
http://www.twitch.tv/sbenrap

If Blair goes live, please notify me via the chat!
Thanks