Progress... Holy COW

Has anyone else noticed that we are on track to make 1/3 of the 450K goal within the first TWENTY FOUR HOURS???

I know that the first day will likely be the biggest, by far, but that's flipping CRAZY.

Go Tex!

PS: Anyone have a good "in" to get this posted in any of the major tech news or gaming blogs? I've submitted to /., but who knows if they'll decide to post it. If all 1000+ of us submit the same thing, we've got a good shot.

It would be cool to see us linked up on engadget, /., or something major. Useful too.

Thanks to you all!
It's looking very good indeed and it has only appeared on Rock Paper Shotgun so far, which means that if tomorrow it will be featured on a few other major websites the second day could end with the game being more than 50% funded.
$150.00 tier has SOLD OUT!
Joel wrote:$150.00 tier has SOLD OUT!
Wasn't that the discontinued DLC version of the 150 tier? I believe the new one is still taking members.
I would happily email folks if anyone has a list compiled of who best to email.
Cathy
Ok, it looks like my slashdot submission passed the initial filter. If you want to see it on the front page, you guys will need to head over to slashdot and vote it up.

http://slashdot.org/submission/2068931/ ... tex-murphy
evandy wrote:
Wasn't that the discontinued DLC version of the 150 tier? I believe the new one is still taking members.
Maybe, but have the other tiers been amended to reflect the same thing? I pointed this out in the comments of the update by saying that i'm sure a pledger will read the tiers and then pledge before going to look at the updates because they'd assume the home screen of the project page would be updated to reflect that type of thing.
Joel wrote:
evandy wrote:
Maybe, but have the other tiers been amended to reflect the same thing? I pointed this out in the comments of the update by saying that i'm sure a pledger will read the tiers and then pledge before going to look at the updates because they'd assume the home screen of the project page would be updated to reflect that type of thing.
Its a shame Kickstarter reward tiers aren't easier to edit and such. Hopefully Kickstarter staff can help them with that. Also yeah I think they should maybe make a note on the main description too or in the upcoming Q and A. Surprisngly there are still some not aware yet the DLC stuff has changed. I guess they overlooked the Updates tab. Perhaps Kickstarter should make a little slider on the main page for "Updates" similar to how some blogs show off their newest posts. They're very important so tucking them in a tab seems an oversight.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Maybe they can offer an Autographed Picture or something to those who were expecting to get the DLC... Maybe have Chris sign that Black and White picture of Tex and send that in place of the DLC... Just a thought...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Bafitis wrote:Maybe they can offer an Autographed Picture or something to those who were expecting to get the DLC... Maybe have Chris sign that Black and White picture of Tex and send that in place of the DLC... Just a thought...
They've actually already added a new tier to replace the DLC one. People now get a exclusive tex Murphy shot glass. This might please those who were asking for Bourbon as a reward without it being against Kickstarters "no alcohol" policy.

They've closed the old tier to new backers. However not many have moved yet to the new tier. Plus when a few do, apparently there are some who haven't read the Update and decide to take a slot again in the old tier I guess because it makes it look like a exclusive club without reading the Updates. :lol: But hopefully they can work something out.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
we are drawing to the 24hrs deadline, I think I noticed around 4pm in in AU which should have been midnight mountain time. What a great day
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town