Day Two - The Search For Day One`s Success

You-Have-Fax wrote:Somebody in the Kickstarter comments just noted that Project Fedora has now overtaken the Two Guys of Andromeda's Space Venture in the amount of money pledged. Pretty great for Tex, considering the Space Venture has been online a week longer.

Sad for the Two Guys though. I certainly want them to be able to make their dream game as well. They sure as hell deserve it. Let's hope both projects pull through in the end. As far as I am concerned, this little adventure renaissance has been the best thing to happen to gaming in a long, long time.
Yeah, I too am hoping the Two Guys can get their project funded.

I think that the major issue that's making it harder for newer campaigns to attract backers is that they are being launched TOO close from each other.

I, for instance, am a fan of almost all the games launched on KS since Tim Schafer's (e.g. the games from Brian Fargo, Jordan Weisman, Jane Jensen, Al Lowe, Two Guys from Andromeda, Steve Jackson, etc) and I've pledged for almost all of them.

But my credit card can't keep up with the pace these projects are being launched for much longer.
I'm also a bit disheartened that the Two Guys aren't doing as well. I'm hoping it will pick up as there's still a lot of time.

I'm also surprised that there's still no coverage of Tex on any major website except RPS. It was announced everywhere two months ago and now when it counts the most, there's nothing.
As eager as I am, part of me would like the media coverage to hit after Jane's is done. The guys posted on the Big Finish site a link to her Kickstarter, which I thought was very classy.

I hope she will give a shout out the the backers to give Tex a look in an update after she's finished.

The thing that gets me about that (too many close together) is that the Tex camp gave out PLENTY of notice. The two guy developers, and even Jane, knew about the Tex launch before they went live with theirs.

I have to say, my heart is truly singing with the level of devotion and generosity with the Tex fans. We are still averaging over $100 per backer, and that's just amazing.

2 guys
3,485 BACKERS
$175,850

Tex
1,696 BACKERS
$175,073
From the looks of that I'd say Tex got a lot of hardcore backers, but it's possible they're running out.
Sadly, I think that's probably the case. I think most of the donors going forward will probably be on the lower tiers. So, I think we'll need a lot more donors in order to meet the goal. It's definitely doable, but we're all going to have to continue to spread the word.
We're following a completely normal curve so far for a successful project. It likely won't significantly exceed, but the next week is going to be telling, because we need to identify what the baseline for the "dead zone" is going to be.
I've already given all I could give. I pledged over 8% of all the money I have in the bank (and I'm not rich). Not including what I spent on ads.

I agree with Jen. I actually think it's pretty darn responsible of the game sites not to be pushing the Tex launch yet. If they just wait until the weekend, they can publicize the stuffing out of Tex without stepping on Jane's toes.

Of course, if the weekend passes and we *don't* see the push . . . >.< =P
Did we just jump another $1000? Were there 9 - 1K backers earlier today?
Yes, let's see what the weekend will bring. And there is still a hand in my pocket for Tex. Wait, that doesn't sound right... :lol:

And WHY didn't I make a spreadsheet to keep track of this campaign? I'm sure BFG has all the stats, though.
Cathy
Geez, every time I see someone call them "BFG" I think of something totally different from DOS-era games.
I think of Roald Dahl's Big Friendly Giant ;-)
David
Bjyman wrote:From the looks of that I'd say Tex got a lot of hardcore backers, but it's possible they're running out.
dcat151 wrote:Sadly, I think that's probably the case. I think most of the donors going forward will probably be on the lower tiers. So, I think we'll need a lot more donors in order to meet the goal. It's definitely doable, but we're all going to have to continue to spread the word.
Just got another $500 backer. :mrgreen: I have hope..... :mrgreen:

Oh and so much the BFG 9000. They used the same DOOM door opening noise in PD when Tex, Regan and Jackson Cross got trapped in the spaceship! :lol:
Where are the more substantive updates? It's day three and only short, corrective updates. I mean, I guess there's not that much to say at this point. I think i'm just used to the hyper-updates of other projects (especially Jane's).
When I went to bed last night it was $163, now its 177 so it is moving. I haven't had my pledge yet & I know of a couple more that are still to pledge.

I won't start to panic until I wake one morning & it hasn't risen at all.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
joliet_jane wrote:Geez, every time I see someone call them "BFG" I think of something totally different from DOS-era games.
Haha, me too, totally. Also, your avatar keeps making me think Tex is about to drop a serious amount of LSD, which with Tex, might actually help. :lol: